Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Shotgun discussions (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   NORCAL SKEET CLINIC San Jose*** New Clinics Dates on Page #1 (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=405000)

smurfette 06-28-2011 8:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjl333 (Post 6677167)
smurfette, don't short change yourself by going to half the clinic, just go with the flow and make time!! Read all the feedback from previous shooters, it will be well worth the money spend for the knowledge gained!!

I really want to, but I have no choice, I must leave at 2 on 7/9 cuz I have to sing with my band an hour away from SF at 4:30. I have to be there by 4..
I wish they had it this weekend cuz I'm picking up my Nova tmr... I would love to test it this weekend...

and the stock of the Nova seems too long for me, I might have to have it customized too..

bjl333 06-28-2011 8:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfette (Post 6677201)
I really want to, but I have no choice, I must leave at 2 on 7/9 cuz I have to sing with my band an hour away from SF at 4:30. I have to be there by 4..
I wish they had it this weekend cuz I'm picking up my Nova tmr... I would love to test it this weekend...

and the stock of the Nova seems too long for me, I might have to have it customized too..

PM "Thefeeder" He might have other idea for you.

OR just hang tight and he'll show up in this thread in a little while! :p

smurfette 06-28-2011 8:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjl333 (Post 6677228)
PM "Thefeeder" He might have other idea for you.

OR just hang tight and he'll show up in this thread in a little while! :p

Thanks! If I'm going, at least 2 more friends will go with me and they will stay til the end.. :)

Silverbullett 06-28-2011 9:43 PM

PM sent.

SuMoSam 06-28-2011 10:34 PM

IN!!!! Missed my chance to shoot skeet for the first time last weekend, but this seems to be a better opportunity for a first time (skeet) shooter. Thank you for hosting this course Lou!

Samson

Thefeeder 07-01-2011 4:25 PM

><
 
4 spots left

Thefeeder 07-02-2011 3:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuMoSam (Post 6678069)
IN!!!! Missed my chance to shoot skeet for the first time last weekend, but this seems to be a better opportunity for a first time (skeet) shooter. Thank you for hosting this course Lou!

Samson

Your going to learn alot about shotguns and wing shooting.

See ya there.


3 Spots still open

pl408 07-03-2011 6:45 AM

Looks like fun! will keep an eye out for future dates

Thefeeder 07-05-2011 9:14 AM

><
 
TTT

Thefeeder 07-06-2011 2:32 PM

><
 
Still three spots open

Thefeeder 07-06-2011 4:35 PM

><
 
355mono....have you down for 1 spot

Thefeeder 07-07-2011 4:37 PM

><
 
Bump

Silverbullett 07-09-2011 7:04 PM

Thanks again to Lou and his better half for showing this 1st timer an awesome afternoon. I truly feel much more confident in my abilities with a shotgun. It's a testament to Lou's teaching style.

Thefeeder 07-09-2011 8:04 PM

><
 
What a motley crew..... 7-9-11 Skeet Clinic

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...r/DSC_0289.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...r/DSC_0276.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...r/DSC_0281.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...r/DSC_0285.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...r/DSC_0275.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...r/DSC_0266.jpg

SuMoSam 07-10-2011 8:59 AM

A Real Calgun Gem
 
I would like to take the time to recognize what a tremendous opportunity Lou gave me today. I was opened to a whole new aspect of shooting and the fun it brings. How can I go back to shooting paper and steel, when right here in my backyard (i literally live up the block from PRG) are clays to be shot? Lou and his wonderful better-half took a complete shotgun noob (me) and laid an idiot proof foundation on skeet shooting. This will no doubt influence all aspect of my shotgun shooting ability. I also had the opportunity to 'correctly' examine shotgun fitment for the first time and found the perfect fit, courtesy to his better-half's collection.

Before yesterday, I was convenience that the Big5 Mossberg combo was the solution to all my shotgun needs, boy was I wrong. I almost bought the combo on Friday, but the manager at Big5 didn't want to apply the usual sale's price for my purchase.

There are almost an endless list of positives to this clinic, but one evil did rear it's head. My SO is still in shock that my shotgun purchase may not be $300 like I've told her, but upwards of $1200 for a perfect fitting piece of art. She also banned me from contacting Lou for he is a bad influence.:nono:

I think this is enough pre-caffeinated morning rambling from me.

Samson

PS Lou is truly an invaluable asset to Calguns and is a testament of what Calguns can and have provided to the shooting community.

Silverbullett 07-10-2011 10:07 AM

Very true Samson. I came home and was able to confirm that my Mossberg 500 is a bit too long for me. No worries though, just need to swap out my stock with something 1.5" shorter. I'm glad he taught us about shotgun fitment. It will affect all my further firearm purchases.

bjl333 07-11-2011 9:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuMoSam (Post 6744041)
There are almost an endless list of positives to this clinic, but one evil did rear it's head. My SO is still in shock that my shotgun purchase may not be $300 like I've told her, but upwards of $1200 for a perfect fitting piece of art. She also banned me from contacting Lou for he is a bad influence.:nono:

:smilielol5::smilielol5: We have Skeet Shooters Anonymous meetings every Saturday nights!! Check your local chapters ...

Seriously! This is a great opportunity for learning the art of skeet shooting. It is hella fun for you and a little distress for the misses!!! :shrug: Only solution ... get her into the clinic also! :thumbsup:

bh6300 07-13-2011 7:49 PM

Next class happening soon? :)

Thefeeder 07-15-2011 4:06 PM

><
 
Last Clinic for the season.....Next Clinic will be in Feb 2012

Come and get it!

bh6300 07-15-2011 11:32 PM

pm sent, sign me up

thanks

Thefeeder 07-18-2011 11:35 PM

><
 
Only 4 spots left until Feb 2012

Silverbullett 07-19-2011 5:53 PM

Man, I'd love to do it again but it falls on the weekend I work. Either way, have fun guys and gals.

Thefeeder 07-21-2011 3:15 PM

Hey come and shoot with me any time you want...does'nt need to be a Clinic.

squeeze 07-21-2011 9:28 PM

I was telling my friends how much fun I had in your June class so one of them wants to sign up for your July 30 class. His name is Matt and he is a new shooter.

Thefeeder 07-21-2011 10:52 PM

I'll put Matt down for a spot

Thefeeder 07-26-2011 7:44 PM

Attendees for the 7-30 Clinic check your PM's for a repeat of the Scoop page

mofugly13 07-28-2011 1:11 PM

I sure wish I ventured into the shotgum forum more often. I hope I see the next one before it fills up, as long as it's not during A-zone general season!

Edit: Just read through the thread, if there are spots open in FEB, sign me up!! I live about three mnutes away and ride my bike past the PRGC a lot! I always stop and watch for an hour or so, but my wingshooting skills are embarrassing, so I've never shot there.

bjl333 07-28-2011 3:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mofugly13 (Post 6857019)
I sure wish I ventured into the shotgum forum more often. I hope I see the next one before it fills up, as long as it's not during A-zone general season!

Edit: Just read through the thread, if there are spots open in FEB, sign me up!! I live about three mnutes away and ride my bike past the PRGC a lot! I always stop and watch for an hour or so, but my wingshooting skills are embarrassing, so I've never shot there.

or if you wanna drive to LA!!! :p:p

Thefeeder 08-09-2011 12:08 AM

><
 
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the gun store!

IT'S ANOTHER SKEET CLINC...(que screeching violin music)

August 20th

bjl333 08-09-2011 12:10 AM

YAY!!!! :party::party::party:

Thefeeder 08-09-2011 6:31 PM

><
 
your in for one spot tzax220....see ya at the range

Check your PM for info

Thefeeder 08-11-2011 12:32 PM

><
 
TTT

Thefeeder 08-11-2011 6:39 PM

Redrex..... I put you down for on the 20th.....welcome back....will you be shooting your new toy?

Thefeeder 08-12-2011 9:50 PM

><
 
cqbdude,

I'll put you down for one on the 20th

redrex 08-12-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefeeder (Post 6945615)
Redrex..... I put you down for on the 20th.....welcome back....will you be shooting your new toy?

Hell yeah, I can't wait. I just wish I could get lead free shells in 20ga 2 1/2" so I could use my little French SxS :)

Tunapalooza 08-12-2011 11:08 PM

Hey Lou,

Count me in for the 20th.

Marc

Thefeeder 08-12-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunapalooza (Post 6953904)
Hey Lou,

Count me in for the 20th.

Marc


Done....will need to barrow a shotun?

I'll PM you the scoop page

Nevermind Marc.....Light bulb just when on.....it will be good to have you again.

Thefeeder 08-13-2011 5:32 PM

Clinic is full

Thefeeder 08-19-2011 6:34 PM

><
 
The 8/20 Clinic will begin at 11am

redrex 08-19-2011 7:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefeeder (Post 6997113)
The 8/20 Clinic will begin at 11am

Shopping for new shotguns will start at 3:05pm :)

If these dealers had a clue they would setup a table at the club!

Bedpan Bandit 08-19-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrex (Post 6997569)
Shopping for new shotguns will start at 3:05pm :)

If these dealers had a clue they would setup a table at the club!

Really...there should be a disclaimer for the horrific addiction that begins right after taking the clinic. I blame Lou for my empty bank account and full gun safe.

Thefeeder 08-19-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bedpan Bandit (Post 6998386)
Really...there should be a disclaimer for the horrific addiction that begins right after taking the clinic. I blame Lou for my empty bank account and full gun safe.


DAAAAAAAAM!


I just want more shooting partners........and it was fun last Sat.

Didn't do squat for my shooting.....but it was a hell of a good afternoon.

You guys did surprised my with how far you evlavated your skill level.........You made me proud man <wiping tear from eye>


See ya out at the range...and I do want to shoot your hat soon.

bjl333 08-19-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bedpan Bandit (Post 6998386)
Really...there should be a disclaimer for the horrific addiction that begins right after taking the clinic. I blame Lou for my empty bank account and full gun safe.

I put a disclaimer in this thread somewhere for Lou!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefeeder (Post 6998484)
DAAAAAAAAM!


I just want more shooting partners........and it was fun last Sat.

Didn't do squat for my shooting.....but it was a hell of a good afternoon.

You guys did surprised my with how far you evlavated your skill level.........You made me proud man <wiping tear from eye>


See ya out at the range...and I do want to shoot your hat soon.

Its always fun shooting hats!!!:thumbsup: Especially someone from your clinics.

Too bad Lou will take a break until Feb :(:(

cqbdude 08-20-2011 4:49 PM

Great day, Great people, Great instructor.

Had a great time...

Thank You Lou.....

Pics coming shortly..

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171858.jpg
Here is Lou going over the safety. Don't pick your nose with your trigger finger.LOL

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171859.jpg
What a beautiful gun club, and who would have thought, in San Francisco too??

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171860.jpg
Lou going over stance and how to mount the shotgun.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171861.jpg
Great form, mean while Lou is reading his copy of Maxxim.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171862.jpg
Now on with the good stuff, breakin clays..

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171863.jpg
Damn youngsters with great 20/20 vision.

cqbdude 08-20-2011 5:43 PM

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171864.jpg
Waiting for the clay, while Lou watches like a hawk.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171865.jpg
Watch me, while I shoot this duck flying by..

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171866.jpg
Just lead it a little bit, but make sure you follow through..

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171867.jpg
Here's John concentrating really hard.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171868.jpg
Lou giving very good pointers...

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171869.jpg
Don't forget to breath, and don't blink..

cqbdude 08-20-2011 5:44 PM

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171870.jpg
Slowly working at all the stations..

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171871.jpg
Someone is breaking in their new over and under..

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171857.jpg
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171856.jpg
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171855.jpg
Had to catch some shells in the air..Excuse my dirty lens..

cqbdude 08-20-2011 5:44 PM

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171854.jpg
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../398171853.jpg
Even had some pictures with clays in the air..

Again Thank You Lou for making this clinic available for us here in Northern Kali.
I had a great time with everyone and learn a lot from your clinic.

Thefeeder 08-20-2011 7:09 PM

><
 
The whole crew
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...r/DSC_0320.jpg

Redrex with new O/U....perfect form...look at that foot work

And the man shoots from low gun position

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...r/DSC_0329.jpg

cqbcube proves it....You can shoot Skeet with a pump...smoke'n doubles
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...DSC_0326-1.jpg

gunafficionado 08-20-2011 7:32 PM

To anyone who's thinking of signing up....just do it!! Lots of fun, good times, great company and a good cause.

Thefeeder 08-20-2011 7:45 PM

><
 
Head straight up, cheek on stock, now lean a bit forward..perfect....Now, hooooold-it...ok I got the pic

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...r/DSC_0332.jpg


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.