Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   J and R Sports -REMOVED- (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   J&R Customer feedback (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=482531)

kmr1631 03-22-2009 8:26 AM

J&R Customer feedback

Just wanted to drop by and give this shop a two thumbs up for service and a friendly staff. Picked up a Springfield 1911 and couldn't be happier. Thanks J & R.

Ladyfox 05-09-2009 5:19 PM

A big thank you...

Just got back home from paying you guys a visit this afternoon. Got some serious thinking to do and I'm really leaning towards that S&W SW1911 model 108285 you guys had there.

You guys incredibly helpful and answered all of my questions regarding Kimber, S&W, and Springfield 1911's but you had one of the nicest shops I've seen outside of Bay Area Gun Vault. I really wanted to give you guys a big thank you for making the trip worth it. ^_^

tango5 05-12-2009 8:56 AM

J&R Customer feedback

I have bought a shotgun from J&R almost 2 months ago. That was the first time i had step foot in their shop. I live in Pleasant Hill and took the 20-30 mile drive to check them out. Randy helped me and gave me top notch service. I have 3 other gun shops within a 5-20 minute drive from my home, but none of them can hold a match to J&R's selection, knowledge, prices, and customer service. I had bought a Remington 700 SPS Tactical from Buds Gun Shop online, it was one of those online deals where you would be a fool if you didnt buy it. So i am having it shipped to J&R to do the transfer which will be delivered today. Last night my wife got a call from her father that her grandmother who is 95 years old is in the hospital and wont make it to see the end of the week.

We have to leave this afternoon for Oregon to be with the family. I called J&R this morning, before they even open for business, and a very helpful lady answered. I explained my situation, and i really didn't want to wait a week to come down and do the paperwork, then wait another 10 days to pick it up. She said if the Next Day delivery UPS guy shows up, she will ask him to call the regular driver to come and deliver earlier than their normal time and took my info and would call me if it worked out. This here showed me the top notch customer service and that they are willing to go out of their way to help a customer. Any other local shop would not do this. And not to mention their discounted transfer fee's for CalGun members!

Thanks to Randy and his very helpful staff at J&R Sports, you have a customer for life!

ejor 05-13-2009 7:14 AM

I agree

I recently [last week] recieved a handgun I ordered through J & R. great to do business with.

Sealawyer 05-20-2009 9:27 PM

+1 on Randy. He did a transfer with me and spent the time to show me some basics. He gave me some advice for my trip to Frontsight which proved invaluable.

kevo 05-21-2009 7:20 AM

the whole team over there is great! Lots of great 411 and products.... Your AR headquarters...

speedracer 06-04-2009 8:07 PM

J&R Customer feedback

I have been into J&R many times. I've only purchased 1 new gun from them and will be doing a private party tranaction tomorrow to get a G21SF. On Wednesday my new to me DD Omega X 12.0FSP rail showed up minus the DD special wrench.(this is the rail off of the DDM4 not available seperately as of yet) I called and they had the wrench in the shop for installing rails for customers. I brought in my stripped M4 barrel and receiver with DD barrel nut, I believe it was "Scott" who dropped what he was doing and took it in back and did the barrel nut tighten/loosen 3x. "Scott was done in less than 3 mins and refused payment of any kind. Yes I know it's no big deal, the barrel nut was just tightened. TIME and USE of SHOP TOOLS IS MONEY and NOTHING IS FREE.
Please see the guys at J&R for all your shooting needs,
if they don't have it, let them order it for you.

rimfire17 06-12-2009 10:06 PM

J&R Service

I started a thread in the Ladies' section about female-friendly stores. I recommended J&R and several other posts have confirmed my opinion.

A lot of stores treat women like they're invisible or have no business being in the store, but J&R doesn't.

I've bought from them before and probably will again. When I picked up my DD4, Randy spent a good amount of time going over every bit of it. He didn't have to do that -- he'd already sold it to me.

youpock 06-14-2009 4:41 PM

J & R gets my thumbs up, I've bought two brand new guns through them and one xfer. Always knowledgeable and pleasant. :cheers2:

Actually going to head in Thursday to see if them can get me a certain 1911... :)

ALCO HK 07-20-2009 2:54 PM

J&R Customer feedback

Low pressure, extremely helpful, overall a great experience purchasing my first firearm. The only gunshop ive ever been to where in the hour i was there i saw everything from a customer with his dog in the shop, to a family of five rifle shopping. Will be back for more.

jcaoloveshine 08-02-2009 8:17 PM

J&R Customer feedback

Came in for a trade today with my dad (700PSS for AR15) and it went very smoothly. Good-looking shop too.

Be back in 10 days :D

midvalleyshooter 08-18-2009 6:01 AM

J&R Customer feedback

I just wanted to thank you guys for the smooth PPT you did for me and one of your regular customers. Coming from Modesto I did not know what to expect. I found professional, courteous people with good attitudes.

Thanks guys! :)
Keith

Chromedragon 08-19-2009 6:24 PM

J&R Customer feedback

Purchased a nice new Daniel Defence M4 Carbine there today, and even though the place was busy, lots of people and phones ringing. They never missed a beat and i never felt like i was getting lost.

Great job guys love the shop.

mcc2u 08-26-2009 4:20 PM

Yes, I had a great experience as well.

I brought a stripped lower from them a few months back. They treated me professionally from purchase to pick up even through I was not a big spender.

They will be my first place to go.

DanvilleRed 09-01-2009 7:42 PM

Thanks from a newbie

Just wanted to say thank you from a newbie.

The staff (I think it was Randy?) helped me select my first fire arm on Sunday, a glock 23, and really helped me through the entire process. The education I received was first rate and I was not felt to feel like a complete fool.

I can thoroughly recommend the store and it's staff.

tonelar 09-04-2009 4:38 PM

I just picked up the last Calguns lower yesterday. Thanks guys... you're a great bunch to buy from... 10 days to go.

karleric 09-16-2009 1:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcc2u (Post 2977512)
Yes, I had a great experience as well.

I brought a stripped lower from them a few months back. They treated me professionally from purchase to pick up even through I was not a big spender.

They will be my first place to go.

Ditto. While I did not purchase my rifle from here I have found them to be more receptive to questions, etc. as opposed to other places I've been to where they make you seem like an annoyance...

Bnaka75 09-16-2009 4:15 PM

Had a great shopping experience there bought a lower kit from them a few weeks ago and they were very patent answering all my questions ensuring me assembling a lower was quite simple. In the end I was glad I did since it gives me a better understanding of how the rifle works.

r08ert209cali 10-06-2009 5:21 AM

Possitive Feedback Thanks

Thanks for the deal on the magpul buis in fde.. Guys get over there they have a great selection right now.

nitroxdiver 11-11-2009 6:27 PM

J&R Customer feedback

....you like being talked to nicely, treated with respect, given good advice, getting a good deal, making new shooting buddies, or like supporting a dealer who appreciates their customers.

You get all of this and more from our friends at J&R.

That is all :-)
Fireman John

jfuller429 11-13-2009 1:32 PM

+1 those guys are great

greybeard 11-18-2009 6:52 PM

Yes they are

anthonyca 11-18-2009 6:57 PM

This is a gun shop? I didn't not know any had a sense of customer service.

Bnaka75 11-19-2009 7:19 PM

yes they do

nitroxdiver 11-19-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonyca (Post 3380150)
This is a gun shop? I didn't not know any had a sense of customer service.

Yes indeed. You would be amazed at how well you are treated there. And no I don't work, am not married to or own stock in the store. However, I would love to work there if I was in the business, Randy would be a great father in law (Christmas would be great!!), and I'd buy stock if they were publicly traded. :D

Give em a visit if you're ever in the area.
John

livermoron 11-23-2009 1:09 AM

Ditto - J&R Rocks!

I have now made 6 of 7 recent firearm purchases at J&R (in the last 2 years) and have been VERY happy with all the guys down there. I have mostly dealt with Scott and Joe or Randy while in the shop. This crew is first class. Joe actually talked me out of plunking down over $1k for a new Iron - I took his advise, did some research and came back and made a more informed purchase a week later (for the same gun). Can't say enough to do them justice. Fantastic! :D

neanyoe 11-30-2009 4:02 PM

First visit =

a very satisfied and welcomed impression. Talked to Randy and he was very informative to my questions. Randy if you read this I came in around 230pm today wearing black with a grey vest.. we talked about the xd9 and you helped my friend with his AR questions. You were very cooperative and entertaining. Thank you for a pleasant visit! We will be back soon!

teebiss 12-10-2009 11:54 AM

I dropped by yesterday and was very pleased with the customer service. Scott was extremely helpful and very friendly. He was patient and answered ALL of my questions.

This level of service is extremely rare, particularly in these kinds of stores. I plan on doing all my firearms business with J&R from here on out!

Thanks guys! =)

gunner49 04-16-2010 5:55 PM

J&R Customer feedback

To all Calgunners, I recently had the occasion to shop and do two PPTs at this store. They were friendly efficent and a knowledgeable. All things we would like to expect wherever we go but not the norm. My thanks and my congratulations to all the employees and ownership I had the pleasure of dealing with,good job. I will be back!!

AveryDr 04-24-2010 8:36 PM

Can it get any better?

Having never been in this shop, I really didn't know what to expect walking in. I have shopped at various gun stores, all over the West Coast, with varying levels of success and satisfaction.

I have handled 5 PPT transfers in this shop in the last month, 4 as the buyer and 1 as the seller, both handguns and long guns. In my opinion, PPT transfers are one of the best ways to grade a gun shop because, let's face it, nobody is paying their rent with PPT transfers. In reality, shops make little to nothing on these, so how they act during a transfer is often a much better barometer than how they act while you are buying a gun or some ammo from them.

Randy and the team at J & R was nothing but courteous, helpful, accommodating and genuinely NICE to deal with. I would feel extremely comfortable sending some one who has never dealt with guns here to learn more about the sport and make their first purchase. They are informative, but aren't no-it-all's, they are happy to let you handle every gun in the store (even if you have no intention of buying something on the spot), and they know what they are doing (which is different than some other shops in the area). Paperwork was smooth and easy, but thorough and complete...just like it should be.

It's rare to find a business with this level of customer service anywhere these days. It is far more rare to find this in the firearms industry today, in the Bay Area no less. I've already been back to buy some other gear from them (which was very competitively priced), and will continue to come back here for all of my shooting supply and dealer needs in the future. Anyone thinking about using this shop should feel 100% comfortable in knowing that you won't get better service anywhere in the area.

Thanks,

Dan

gotshotgun? 04-25-2010 3:43 PM

I agree, their store is great.

crazy4golf 05-21-2010 10:22 AM

J&R Customer feedback

Went in for a PPT on 11 guns yesterday. This is alot of work for the staff and they did a great job. You feel welcome the minute you walk into the store and they don't mind answering any questions. Probably my best experience to date in a gun store. They will be my store from now on even though it is an hour drive. I am not great with remembering names but I think it was Scott, Joe and Clayton.

Thanks Alot

Tony

jakuda 08-09-2010 12:16 PM

J&R Customer feedback

I'm a newbie and I felt comfortable buying my first handgun at this store. No attitude. The owners are clearly enthused about selling guns and connecting with customers.

I'm counting down the days to pick up my Ruger Mark iii. =)

Davidwhitewolf 05-25-2011 9:25 AM

J&R Customer feedback

The wife and I stopped by J&R last night to get kitted up for our first-ever pistol class. Many thanks to Ashley (hope I got her name right) for recommending the BladeTech belts (and suggesting getting them sized at the cobbler's place next door) and to Scott for his recommendations on holsters and mag holders, and his patience in helping us try everything on.

Every trip to J&R is always a great experience! Thanks again!

Fatstackz 09-27-2011 9:30 AM

All good for me. Several visits there, they were always helpful. Bought a Glock from them too. Smooth and easy transaction, good pricing.

Eljay 10-01-2011 7:10 PM

So far so good. We've been there a few times, bought one rifle and some odds and ends. I took my wife there to get her HSC knowing that it's much less dodgy looking than most gun shops (the female employees didn't hurt either).

wilit 10-01-2011 7:11 PM

Been there a couple of times. I've window shopped more than I've purchased, but always the staff has been courteous and helpful.

sl4ck3r 10-01-2011 7:39 PM

I wish you guys did SSEs. Other than that, good experience.

Old4eyes 10-03-2011 9:53 PM

I am a very frequent customer and the great thing is the knowledge base that is behind the counter. You get the truth and if they don't have an answer at hand they tell you they don't and then they do the research.

The true test of a store is how they handle things that go wrong. I've had two purchases where the gun was a lemon. In both instances J&R hung in there to get the gun fixed by the manufacturer. And in both instances, it took multiple trips back and each time, Randy and Joe kept me informed and kept the pressure on the gun maker to make things right.

atanger 12-15-2011 4:36 PM

Shopped around for a CZ 455 Lux no luck until I called J&R: in stock CZ 452 Lux. Came in on a Sunday and was surprised to find out that it was NOS, even better considering that I was expecting a consigment, Jim took care of all the paperwork for my 1st gun purchase and I cannot wait to get it.