Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   2nd Revolution? (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=710005)

rsacks 02-22-2013 6:49 PM

2nd Revolution?

Apologies if this has been here before, and no it isn't really about the second amendment, but he certainly makes a strong point about where we are headed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYsc...layer_embedded

badicedog 02-22-2013 7:05 PM

Good video...
America is the frog in the simmering pot, only the pot is no longer simmering... It's boiling already... When gas and food become too expensive to afford, maybe and only maybe then will people (51% of uninformed voters) will wake up.

zuchaka 02-22-2013 7:14 PM

i agree'd with a ton of things on that video , just one problem the minute you say compulsory military service to to the libs they will flip out. Just look at how many groups who have a invested interest in toppling America gave money to Obama.

rsacks 02-22-2013 7:18 PM

All the more reason they should serve. Might learn something about this country. If not, stick them on the front line as decoys.

Jeez, did I really say that?

postal 02-22-2013 7:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badicedog (Post 10616557)
Good video...
America is the frog in the simmering pot, only the pot is no longer simmering... It's boiling already... When gas and food become too expensive to afford, maybe and only maybe then will people (51% of uninformed voters) will wake up.

It only takes 3%.

Actually, I figure a lot less than that.... If it comes down to it.

Yugo 02-22-2013 7:19 PM

tagged for later!

zuchaka 02-22-2013 7:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsacks (Post 10616724)
All the more reason they should serve. Might learn something about this country. If not, stick them on the front line as decoys.

hahah actually ya i think it would do them some good to grow a pair and serve, besides i think we would have less anti's if they actually learned to shoot.

badicedog 02-22-2013 7:25 PM

@postal... It only took 3%... Ruby ridge and Waco come to mind... I didn't see gun owners mad as hell marching in solidarity against those disturbing gov actions...

rsacks 02-22-2013 7:25 PM

The big question he asks that I can't seem to get away from is "Why are you not surrounding the capitol with cars and trucks and letting them know that you are taking your country and your government back?"

Good question. Sacramento is not that far away is it?

zuchaka 02-22-2013 7:28 PM

Ya well i was well aware of ruby ridge and waco and thought both groups or randy's family got royally screwed and it was tyranny, however i disagreed with both's ideology but it did change the way i see my government forever, a lot of Americans i am afraid if they don't like your beliefs they don't care if the government runs you over with a tank ( sorry if that sounds harsh but i think many are that complacent )

todd2968 02-22-2013 7:37 PM

The greatest super power in the world cannot defend it own borders!!!

Moonshine 02-22-2013 8:00 PM

Gas and food are already too expensive; aren't almost 51%+ on food stamps now.

Peak oil is the elephant in the room. Our society was built on plentiful cheap energy when there were only 1/4th as many people in it. And people around the world think we can add limitless human beings to the party on spaceship earth.

2007 was when the resources started to run out; there is no recession and there is no recovery. One day the lights will go out and simply never turn back on.

postal 02-22-2013 8:02 PM

I typed up a very long and detailed response. Posted it, and have quickly deleted it.

To summarize.....

The American Revolution took 3% of colonists to accomplish. In this day and age, it could take far less than 3% of gun owners, and could possibly have a very high chance of success.

I have no statement regarding Ruby Ridge or Waco. I have personal disgruntled opinions about them which I will not bother to hash out.

If things get truly bad enough for a real call to revolt... And this is the hard part. When will a good number of us decide we've had enough?

If, that call came... and people rallied behind it, we'd be unstoppable.

iwindsurf78 02-22-2013 8:19 PM

Problem is how do you organize it an keep it on the DL? If the govt had any suspicion on something happening, I feel like every call, text, email would start to be monitored. It would be hard to fully organize without being known

The other thing I was thinking if a revolt did occur, wouldn't it be easy for the countries that hate us to attack? We would be a wide open target at that point.

badicedog 02-22-2013 8:26 PM

Seriously though... Taking up arms is a horrible, nasty and to be used when everything else has failed... Just ask anyone from El Salvador... As tedious and frustrating it is to deal with idiot lawmakers using the courts and the law is the best recourse...

Enfield47 02-22-2013 8:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwindsurf78 (Post 10617395)
Problem is how do you organize it an keep it on the DL? If the govt had any suspicion on something happening, I feel like every call, text, email would start to be monitored. It would be hard to fully organize without being known

The other thing I was thinking if a revolt did occur, wouldn't it be easy for the countries that hate us to attack? We would be a wide open target at that point.

The NSA already is monitoring all text, email, phone conversations, etc. Any organization en mass would be as open as when the colonials rallied against the Brittish. The only hope of keeping it on the DL would be to meet in small groups face to face in secret and hope that no one talks.

postal 02-22-2013 8:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badicedog (Post 10617468)
Seriously though... Taking up arms is a horrible, nasty and to be used when everything else has failed... Just ask anyone from El Salvador... As tedious and frustrating it is to deal with idiot lawmakers using the courts and the law is the best recourse...

Absolutely agree. We are not even close to that point.

Plenty of us are fuming over these proposals, but a true revolution would still be (hopefully) a long way off.

rsacks 02-23-2013 6:18 AM

I think his point is there are things we can do now short of a revolution. The first one in my opinion is to let Sacramento know that we are absolutely not going to stand for their plan to abolish our rights.

I am not advocating we take on the National Guard is some blaze of glory last stand. But I do think a mass demonstration on the state Capitol is in order.

However, if there aren't at least 5,000 people to participate it isn't worth doing. Nothing worse than a weak show of strength...

vantec08 02-23-2013 6:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsacks (Post 10616824)
The big question he asks that I can't seem to get away from is "Why are you not surrounding the capitol with cars and trucks and letting them know that you are taking your country and your government back?"

Good question. Sacramento is not that far away is it?

I would get in on that.

knkali 02-23-2013 6:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwindsurf78 (Post 10617395)

Worried about what the gov will do? That is the problem. The gov works for us or we work for the gov?
Say 50% of the country organized. Hmmm 180 million pissed off, armed Americans taking on an invading country? My money is on the Americans every day and twice on SUnday.

knkali 02-23-2013 6:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsacks (Post 10619719)
I think his point is there are things we can do now short of a revolution. The first one in my opinion is to let Sacramento know that we are absolutely not going to stand for their plan to abolish our rights.

I am not advocating we take on the National Guard is some blaze of glory last stand. But I do think a mass demonstration on the state Capitol is in order.

However, if there aren't at least 5,000 people to participate it isn't worth doing. Nothing worse than a weak show of strength...

yep +1000

knkali 02-23-2013 6:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vantec08 (Post 10619736)
I would get in on that.

me too

Sully 02-23-2013 7:04 AM

It strikes me that this is America. Just as Gandhi was able
to use passive non violent resistance against
the British with success, so we should as well.
Gandhi would not have succeded as such had he been
against The Nazis.
America would 'Go Roman' as with Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Once you go violent against Americans, you lose!!

In a way we have our own 'Roman Revolution'
With Obama's demonization of his opponents.
His demonizing seems to dehumanize and attempt
to delegitimize those that disagree.
Some in Government may then see these opponents
as targets to eliminate, and spill blood as in the Roman Revolution.

You will not ever see me take up arms beyond self defense.
But you will see me use the rights I have
to petition the government as the civil rights movement did.
ML King succeeded where the Panthers failed.

ja308 02-23-2013 7:36 AM

I see this video as a "red herring " the author has forgotten that no one has ever had a revolution to establish a democracy . A democracy is established to have a revolution .
His further idea of term limits on congress is idiotic and it is for good reason those who wrote the constitution established term limits via the vote every 2 years !
Interestly he never once pointed the problems of executive orders or crony capitalism , instead he bashes congress ! Nearly half whom voted against Obama care and the democratic stimulus .

This is a very cleverly designed video ,that can be summed up with blah,blah,blah.
In short this video is geared to the low information voter who does not understand how legislation gets written and passed.Or which party even controls the reins of govt.

rsacks 02-23-2013 7:44 AM

Just curious, how many here would take a day off (say a Friday) and march in Sacramento? Peacefully, and respectfully. No violence, no one carrying.

vantec08 02-23-2013 7:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsacks (Post 10620309)
Just curious, how many here would take a day off (say a Friday) and march in Sacramento? Peacefully, and respectfully. No violence, no one carrying.

I'm in

Eikbyrnir 02-23-2013 7:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine (Post 10617209)
Gas and food are already too expensive; aren't almost 51%+ on food stamps now.

Peak oil is the elephant in the room. Our society was built on plentiful cheap energy when there were only 1/4th as many people in it. And people around the world think we can add limitless human beings to the party on spaceship earth.

2007 was when the resources started to run out; there is no recession and there is no recovery. One day the lights will go out and simply never turn back on.

The problem with that is, our resources dont have to run out. If we tapped into the arctic for our oil reserves there, our energy would last. supposedly, HUNDREDS of years. The problem is "global warming" and all the animals we would displace there. What? But there ARE no animals there, no polar bears, no penguins, no migrating flocks of sparrow pigeons. Its BS.

This is why Govt. officials should be allowed to have financial interests, especially in foreign oil. Someone always has an agenda.

Sorry if that was a little off from the topic, but it all comes back to the same thing. Either people are going to continue folloing these people like sheep, or people are finally going to wake up. Is it bad when you start rooting for the 3%?

ja308 02-23-2013 7:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsacks (Post 10620309)

What would be the purpose ?

rsacks 02-23-2013 7:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ja308 (Post 10620366)
What would be the purpose ?

I get it, you disagree. That's fine. If you really need to ask what the purpose is, then you shouldn't attend anyway.

And yes, I do understand how bills are introduced, and how they become law. I also know what can sometimes prevent that.

Nick Justice 02-23-2013 8:14 AM

A march in March? (I couldn't resist!) I would go.

zuchaka 02-23-2013 8:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ja308 (Post 10620247)
I see this video as a "red herring " the author has forgotten that no one has ever had a revolution to establish a democracy . A democracy is established to have a revolution .
His further idea of term limits on congress is idiotic and it is for good reason those who wrote the constitution established term limits via the vote every 2 years !
Interestly he never once pointed the problems of executive orders or crony capitalism , instead he bashes congress ! Nearly half whom voted against Obama care and the democratic stimulus .

This is a very cleverly designed video ,that can be summed up with blah,blah,blah.
In short this video is geared to the low information voter who does not understand how legislation gets written and passed.Or which party even controls the reins of govt.

what would you do to prevent or minimize crony capitalism ?

rsacks 02-23-2013 8:23 AM

Added a simple yes/no poll to the top of this thread. Please vote if you are so inclined, it will help me decide if this is something worth putting time/effort/$ into organizing.

Thank you.

NotEnufGarage 02-23-2013 8:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todd2968 (Post 10616945)

Wrong. The greatest superpower in the world has CHOSEN NOT TO DEFEND ITS OWN BORDERS.

zuchaka 02-23-2013 8:39 AM

Bush Sr. wanted to dig a massive trench instead of a fence and it would have costs billions. So there is a big price tag attached to border security. The right didn't wanna build a border because then they loose a cheap source of exploitable labor. The left doesn't wanna build a border cause they think they can get all the illegals to vote for them.

Building a real border is very do-able it's just kinda expensive, ohh and course there are the environmental pussies who complain that you would be messing up habitats by putting in a fence. Fine tree hugger let's all go back to living in caves to because lot's of homes disrupt the patterns of migratory birds.

CA Barbarian 02-23-2013 8:41 AM

Borders

Quote:

Originally Posted by todd2968 (Post 10616945)

"Cannot" is not the right word. "Will not" is much closer to the truth.

CA Barbarian 02-23-2013 8:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuchaka (Post 10620701)
Bush Sr. wanted to dig a massive trench instead of a fence and it would have costs billions. So there is a big price tag attached to border security. The right didn't wanna build a border because then they loose a cheap source of exploitable labor. The left doesn't wanna build a border cause they think they can get all the illegals to vote for them.

Building a real border is very do-able it's just kinda expensive, ohh and course there are the environmental pussies who complain that you would be messing up habitats by putting in a fence. Fine tree hugger let's all go back to living in caves to because lot's of homes disrupt the patterns of migratory birds.

I think you guys are missing the bigger picture. Building a huge border defense IS possible IF its purpose of existence is backed by the laws and spirit of the laws which caused is development in the first place. In this country that is absolutely not the case. We have a DOJ that has done everything it can to make sure the agencies accountable for border protection have their hands-tied behind their backs. So a new American "Great Wall", the physical manifestation of the culture/customs/laws of the nation, could not be built.

defynce 02-23-2013 8:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsacks (Post 10616724)

i doubt that much of america's history, etc would be taught in a compulsory situation. they'd be taught how to fight and die in political wars in foreign lands and if they live, be labeled as threats when they return and barred by politicians from owning guns.

personally, i do not think serving in the military is as commendable and respectable as it was years ago. the last war we fought to win was 70 years ago. the last war we won was 70 years ago. many join today just for job security.

foxtrotuniformlima 02-23-2013 8:49 AM

If I lived in Sac I would.

WnP 02-23-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defynce (Post 10620766)
i doubt that much of america's history, etc would be taught in a compulsory situation. they'd be taught how to fight and die in political wars in foreign lands and if they live, be labeled as threats when they return and barred by politicians from owning guns.

personally, i do not think serving in the military is as commendable and respectable as it was years ago. the last war we fought to win was 70 years ago. the last war we won was 70 years ago. many join today just for job security.

Agree 100%.

“They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason.”

Hemingway

ja308 02-23-2013 5:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuchaka (Post 10620524)
what would you do to prevent or minimize crony capitalism ?

For starters , promote media sources that expose it !
Promoting the idea that if govt backs their fiends and it goes belly up ,have those who voted to allocate the money pay the bill. solyndra for example

Longer term is to elect the best constitutional candidates and begin a roll back of DC power .

The idea of limiting the size and authority of DC can accomplish this too.
One problem is the folks who care the most ,know little of our constitutional republic .
Notice how they keep calling us a democracy ?

There has been a movement to get control of the Republican Party and guide them toward more limited govt . One problem with this tactic is that too many cannot grasp the concept one needs to win in order to change directions .

BTW the 2 American revolution has already happened ! I would support a movement to restore constitutional limits on govt .
For starters read article # 10 in the bill of rights