Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   San Bernardino Chapter (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=292)
-   -   I want to shoot! But where? (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=786500)

Bear790 06-30-2013 9:23 PM

I want to shoot! But where?

I'm in the Inland Empire and I want to go shooting I just don't know where to go to me? I have heard of bee canyon and the place in Perris on Christmas Tree Lane but I heard they are both close at the moment, is there anywhere around that area that I can go shooting? Pm me if you do not feel comfortable putting the location on the forums. Thank you.

prettylittlelala 07-30-2013 3:38 PM

There's a place called hodge road, but it's all the way near Barstow. You can shoot anything and everything out there without getting harassed by the cops since its a designated shooting area. You can take a little canopy and some food and stay there all day, people shoot at old furniture and old appliances, it's pretty perfect except for how far it is.

bikr4jc 07-30-2013 6:50 PM

This Friday is the monthly indoor shoot in Rancho. This is a great gime to meet others in the IE.

postal 08-02-2013 3:39 PM

West End gun club and lytle creek.

West end is open to public fri/sat/sun. You will need to pay for a limited membership which is $50? Then a $10? fee everytime you go.

I'm a full member at wegc. I have 24 hour access for free as a full member. Unfortunately full membership is a little pricey, and is now full. There is a waiting list for spots to become available for full membership..

AR-Realtor 08-03-2013 2:01 PM

Sewet gun range in Anza

http://www.sewetgunrange.com

Think4WD 08-06-2013 9:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettylittlelala (Post 11947025)
There's a place called hodge road, but it's all the way near Barstow. You can shoot anything and everything out there without getting harassed by the cops since its a designated shooting area. You can take a little canopy and some food and stay there all day, people shoot at old furniture and old appliances, it's pretty perfect except for how far it is.

From what I read on the BLM website its not legal to shoot at Hodge Road. It said you must be north of Barstow. That said I always go to Calico area off Ghost town road.

golfish 08-07-2013 9:56 AM

Take the 395, 11.5 miles past Kramer junction, look for a large turn out on the right, theres a small For Sale sign tacked to a wooden post. Go in 1.5 miles on the BLM road. You will know the shooting area when you see it. People don't pickup their brass or steel targets.

FWIW, this area has some old wooded fence post and lots of home made metal targets laying around..Tons of brass too. My son and I have hauled out are share of junk. This is BLM land but if you go into far you'll find yourself in a "restricted area" ...you don't wan't to go there.

evilbisquit 08-07-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Think4WD (Post 12007338)
From what I read on the BLM website its not legal to shoot at Hodge Road. It said you must be north of Barstow. That said I always go to Calico area off Ghost town road.

Not true. Hodge is open for all weapon types. There's Rangers there all the time. Just PLEASE take a rake and some trash bags with you. Clean up after yourself and pick up a bag or two from other people. Obviously it's on us to keep it clean. It's the same people who leave their popcorn on the floor in the movie theater because "They pay people to clean this up, because I'm not a grown up and my mother didn't teach me to take responsibility for my self and not be a lazy, disgusting, POS." END RANT Just have fun and pack out what you pack in.

jonc 08-07-2013 10:23 AM

[QUOTE=evilbisquit;12010223]Not true. Hodge is open for all weapon types. There's Rangers there all the time. Just PLEASE take a rake and some trash bags with you. Clean up after yourself and pick up a bag or two from other people. Obviously it's on us to keep it clean. It's the same people who leave their popcorn on the floor in the movie theater because "They pay people to clean this up, because I'm not a grown up and my mother didn't teach me to take responsibility for my self and not be a lazy, disgusting, POS." END RANT Just have fun and pack out what you pack in.[/QUOTE

THIS!!!

please keep CLEAN!

postal 08-10-2013 1:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfish (Post 12010055)
Take the 395, 11.5 miles past Kramer junction, look for a large turn out on the right, theres a small For Sale sign tacked to a wooden post. Go in 1.5 miles on the BLM road. You will know the shooting area when you see it. People don't pickup their brass or steel targets.

FWIW, this area has some old wooded fence post and lots of home made metal targets laying around..Tons of brass too. My son and I have hauled out are share of junk. This is BLM land but if you go into far you'll find yourself in a "restricted area" ...you don't wan't to go there.

GEEZ!!!! Thats far....... He said IE- not China Lake!!!!!!

At least you can hit Astro Burger for a "cowboy burger" for lunch though.... MMMMMMMM!!!!!!! Roast Beef piled on top of a hamburger...... That place is GOOOOOOD!!!!! (I drive through there visiting an old mil buddy that lives in Ridgecrest/China Lake)

golfish 08-12-2013 7:56 AM

Yup, about 80 miles. Driving doesn't bother me one bit. Went out yesterday with my son, daughter and son-in-law. I brought 3x lever guns, my AR, 2x 12 gauge shotguns, 3 handguns and enough ammo to shoot all day long. A big box of clay birds too :)

The best part is we didn't see a single person all day. That's what makes the drive worth it.

huntercf 08-21-2013 4:05 PM

Quote:

Hodge Road WEST side of freeway is shooting area, EAST side is shotgun only I believe, it is for off roading.
Stay 300 yards away from the cell tower.

ll-Rafael-ll 08-24-2013 8:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntercf (Post 12124639)
Hodge Road WEST side of freeway is shooting area, EAST side is shotgun only I believe, it is for off roading.
Stay 300 yards away from the cell tower.

So will Hodge Road be a great place to go one weekend with a couple friends shooting a mosin nagant all day long?

DavidR310 08-24-2013 10:57 PM

Sure just wear a bullet proof vest.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?p=9417163

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?p=5584439

http://www.vvdailypress.com/articles...-visiting.html

jimhart69 08-24-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Not true, pick up a map at turners or the blm office, the map shows from hodge rd north past barstow on the west side of the 15.

ll-Rafael-ll 08-25-2013 11:39 AM

Is it always like that? Or are they rare instances? If I go somewhere deep with no one around, I should be fine right?

Thomas83 08-26-2013 10:33 AM

Earlier this year, sometime around march or April a buddy and I went up to hodge to do some scouting for hunting and just to shoot some targets. We were there before sunrise and left around 10am, mind you it was a weekday, but it was quiet. Super F'ing cold too, but quiet. I think there were one maybe two other vehicles out there but we were the only ones that stopped to shoot anything.

LiferLance 08-26-2013 12:52 PM

If your down to go south, Steele Peak is pretty nice

Armistice 08-26-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by postal (Post 11975432)
West end is open to public fri/sat/sun. You will need to pay for a limited membership which is $50? Then a $10? fee everytime you go.

It's $50 for the limited membership for the year. No additional fee (so I believe)