Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   San Bernardino (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352781)

bikr4jc 12-23-2012 6:29 AM

Class was great. Now the wait begins!

JWW- It was good meeting you. Hope to see you at some of the IE shoot.

winnre 12-27-2012 10:47 PM

Got my renewal letter. Got the money orders and other stuff they wanted. There have been some changes in the last few years. If you are up for renewal you will need to provide more information than in the past. Sharpen your pencil!

sexytyranno 12-27-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnre (Post 10034666)
Got my renewal letter. Got the money orders and other stuff they wanted. There have been some changes in the last few years. If you are up for renewal you will need to provide more information than in the past. Sharpen your pencil!

Care to share what's changed? I'm rather curious if they're adding more bloat to the process, or if it's some legitimate changes. (My guess is the obvious -- bloat.)

winnre 12-27-2012 11:25 PM

Check for PM.

barracudamuscle 01-02-2013 1:45 PM

Just called today to see where I was in the long line. I was told they ran out of dates and will start calling more people once they figure out more dates.

jww 01-02-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnre (Post 10034924)
Check for PM.

Mind sharing with one more?

Splitz909 01-03-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnre (Post 10034666)

What were the changes? Can you message me? I'm up for renewal soon..

SmokinMr2 01-09-2013 5:35 PM

http://www.pe.com/local-news/politic...ff-in-town.ece

The new San Bernardino County Sheriff is John McMahon.

I wonder if anything will change?

kel-tec-innovations 01-11-2013 6:17 AM

How is the back log or wait?

Has the application packet changed? I picked one up a year or two ago and been sitting on it because:

1. Colton PD said they don't issue CCW and turned me away, I asked for a supervisor or captain etc. to write me a letter but no one was in. They gave me a number to call, called several time, left messages, no response.

2. I found out I need to be a citizen to get CCW, so I put it off until I get my citizenship

I became a citizen on August 2012 and I sent a email to Colton PD today to request a denial letter again. Hopefully I hear from them.

Mr_Monkeywrench 01-11-2013 4:54 PM

Got a phone call today :shifty: February 2

DocClark340 01-14-2013 6:26 AM

Dose anyone know if there is a new procedure to adding/removing a firearm from your permit? Have the fees changed?

:confused::confused::confused:

kel-tec-innovations 01-14-2013 7:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel-tec-innovations (Post 10177463)
How is the back log or wait?

Has the application packet changed? I picked one up a year or two ago and been sitting on it because:

1. Colton PD said they don't issue CCW and turned me away, I asked for a supervisor or captain etc. to write me a letter but no one was in. They gave me a number to call, called several time, left messages, no response.

2. I found out I need to be a citizen to get CCW, so I put it off until I get my citizenship

I became a citizen on August 2012 and I sent a email to Colton PD today to request a denial letter again. Hopefully I hear from them.

Bump, anyone got answer to those questions?

winnre 01-14-2013 7:55 AM

They only want you to change your firearms once per year now.

They will make sure you know you cannot conceal carry for an employer.

-------

You have been sitting on an application packet for a year? No idea if it had changed, you may want to call and ask. Tell them Colton will not give you a letter, and if Colton does not issue CCWs then I am rather sure the County knows that.

Yes I saw they wanted you to be a citizen too, some here say that is illegal. You can buy a gun with a green card why not carry one? Go ahead and challenge it. Ask to see their justification for discrimination.

xmikedentx 01-14-2013 8:01 AM

Any cal gunners going to the feb 16th class?

Mr_Monkeywrench 01-14-2013 1:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmikedentx (Post 10205868)
Any cal gunners going to the feb 16th class?

I was going to, but I opted for the 2/2/13 instead.

nathan4610 01-14-2013 2:17 PM

Advice Needed

I have applied, been through the interview, background is fine. The deputy investigating my permit application is telling me that she MUST have a copy of my apartment lease with 6 months remaining.

Here is my situation. I own a house in San Bernardino county, and have lived there for over 5 years. I also rent an apartment approx 150 miles away because I work in the transportation industry. I travel between the two "residences" every other day via my job and get rest at one, then I return to the other, then back, and so on.

Ive been at this apartment for about 5 years as well, but my lease expired at the end of the first 6 months that I was there, now I am month to month.

I believe that I have satisfied the 1 year residency requirement by owning and primarily living at my house. The apartment is just for obtaining rest between trips , but since I do spend a significant amount of time there I listed it on my application.

So, what do you think I should do? Just ask for another lease and suck it up, or try to reason with the deputy that my residency requirement has been fufilled and they are causing me undue hardship by extending a lease that I may not want to have 6-12 months from now?

If it wasnt for this, me and my wife would have been in the range class on the 16th of Feburary... Let me know what you think.

xmikedentx 01-15-2013 11:53 AM

I'd get a 6 month renewal on your lease, maybe save some money over the month-to-month, AND satisfy the SD.

Tru2logan 01-18-2013 8:06 PM

Has anyone from the class a few days before Christmas gotten their permit yet??? I am patiently waiting and just wondering if its only me :)

Warpath650 01-19-2013 10:01 AM

Any news on calls for interviews in 2013?

ke6guj 01-19-2013 1:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tru2logan (Post 10251118)
Has anyone from the class a few days before Christmas gotten their permit yet??? I am patiently waiting and just wondering if its only me :)

a friend of mine got his this last Thursday.

bikr4jc 01-19-2013 3:12 PM

Been waiting also, talked to another Calgunner yesterday and all we got is our recipt.

Sounds hopeful that someone got theres thursday

DocClark340 01-21-2013 6:05 PM

I want to add/remove a firearm, which isn't a problem but I was told over the phone that just printing a revised permit will take 4-6 weeks!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

DdddddAaaaaaaMmmmmmmm................

Warpath650 01-22-2013 6:10 PM

I just got a call from the Sheriffs Department I have my interview March 14th:mnl:

WASR10 01-24-2013 6:00 PM

Question about modifying the license:

I understand SB has a new rule that you may only modify your carry list once in a two year period. Does anyone know, would that include mods made before this rule was made?

I changed mine about 6 months ago, but wish to change one more time for my remaining year before renewal.

winnre 01-26-2013 5:24 PM

WASR10, turns out they had people modifying their permit every 45-60 days and that simply takes too much time. They have a lot of applicants and renewals that take priority.

WASR10 01-26-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnre (Post 10331044)
WASR10, turns out they had people modifying their permit every 45-60 days and that simply takes too much time. They have a lot of applicants and renewals that take priority.

winnre, I do appreciate the response, but my question remains unanswered.

jww 01-28-2013 8:52 PM

I was in there Friday and they have a sign up that said due to the amount of applictions, modifications would only be done once per calendar year unless stolen or change of address.

Your best bet would be to call and ask them.

WASR10 01-28-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jww (Post 10353191)
I was in there Friday and they have a sign up that said due to the amount of applictions, modifications would only be done once per calendar year unless stolen or change of address.

Your best bet would be to call and ask them.

If it's per calender year, then I'm good. I like that there are so many applicants :) Thanks for the info!

HighLander51 01-29-2013 11:48 AM

Just finished renewal class January 23rd. Modifications are once per 2 year period unless lost or stolen. Also the guns MUST SHOW REGISTERED TO YOU BU THE DOJ and the serial number must be complete. I had a Glock come back less the 'US' suffix and I have to go back thru the DOJ now. They are also talking about requalification with a changed gun.

Gray Peterson 01-29-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLander51 (Post 10358487)
Just finished renewal class January 23rd. Modifications are once per 2 year period unless lost or stolen. Also the guns MUST SHOW REGISTERED TO YOU BU THE DOJ and the serial number must be complete. I had a Glock come back less the 'US' suffix and I have to go back thru the DOJ now. They are also talking about requalification with a changed gun.

BS and illegal on their part.

WASR10 01-30-2013 10:30 AM

I called and spoke with Diana,

she says modifications may be done 12 months apart. So depending on when you do your first mod, it could be up to two mods in a two year term. She also said that the fee has dropped to $15.

I'm heading down Thursday :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by WASR10 (Post 10310292)
Question about modifying the license:

I understand SB has a new rule that you may only modify your carry list once in a two year period. Does anyone know, would that include mods made before this rule was made?

I changed mine about 6 months ago, but wish to change one more time for my remaining year before renewal.

winnre 01-31-2013 7:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLander51 (Post 10358487)

I was in that class too. A few other interesting points they made to share with others:

1. There has been no court case where a CA resident used a UT permit to CCW in a third part state (not CA or UT) and had to use the firearm so there is no precedent that the permit will be honored. The Sheriff feels folks are wasting their $ with permits from other states, unless you actually go to that state.

2. The permit is to carry a concealed weapon, the key word being A. not two or three but ONE. Expect to get flack from the plaintiff if you had more than one gun on you.

3. I'm dropping my 642. After hearing a story about how 5 shots is not enough bullets even when used by a pro I think i will go get a Glock 19 and three mags.

mej16489 01-31-2013 2:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnre (Post 10379144)
2. The permit is to carry a concealed weapon, the key word being A. not two or three but ONE.

That's not what mine says. It says, "License To Carry Concealed Pistol, Revolver, or Other Firearm Within the State of California"

It also clearly has a "Section B - Description of Weapon(s)" on it with more then one gun listed.

:)

winnre 01-31-2013 7:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mej16489 (Post 10382263)
That's not what mine says. It says, "License To Carry Concealed Pistol, Revolver, or Other Firearm Within the State of California"

It also clearly has a "Section B - Description of Weapon(s)" on it with more then one gun listed.

:)

What it does NOT say is: "License To Carry Concealed Pistols, Revolvers, and Other Firearms Within the State of California"

SmokinMr2 02-01-2013 4:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gray Peterson (Post 10359127)
BS and illegal on their part.

Then what's to be done about it?
ANY word on ANYTHING with San Berdoo?...

Mr_Monkeywrench 02-03-2013 9:40 PM

Had my interview and passed. Just took my safety class at apple valley gun club. The class was 9 hours long (more or less), but it flew by. The instructors there were phenomenal. Great instruction by a SBSD captain. A lot of personal stories and advice. I'm going to be checking the mailbox every day until I get it.

Ghostworks Arms 02-04-2013 10:03 PM

@Mr_Monkeywrench, I live in the same city as you and am about to start the process. Did you go to our sheriff's office here in the city for the application or San Bernardino HQ?

thanks and congrats!

Quiet 02-04-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostworks Arms (Post 10429743)
@Mr_Monkeywrench, I live in the same city as you and am about to start the process. Did you go to our sheriff's office here in the city for the application or San Bernardino HQ?

thanks and congrats!

You need to pick up the application at the San Bernardino County HQ in San Bernardino.

wildhawker 02-04-2013 10:39 PM

The state standard application is all that can be required.

Just an FYI that CGF is working on San Bernardino. Standby for more.

-Brandon

Mr_Monkeywrench 02-04-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostworks Arms (Post 10429743)

thanks and congrats!

Just like Quiet stated, you have to go down to the main sheriffs station in the city of San Bernadino to pick up the app. I think its the station on 3rd street if I'm not mistaken. They are very helpful there. Thanks man. The wife is picking up her application Wednesday.