Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   LETTER I RECEIVED TODAY FROM L.A. CITY ATTORNEY - DID YOU GET ONE? (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=693490)

hiyabrad 01-31-2013 8:27 PM

LETTER I RECEIVED TODAY FROM L.A. CITY ATTORNEY - DID YOU GET ONE?

I am feeling violated.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps4fbb0ef8.jpg

The Tiger 01-31-2013 8:29 PM

Wow. I'm speechless.

epilepticninja 01-31-2013 8:30 PM

They sending those to bangers that run rampant within the LA area? Probably not.

drs2714 01-31-2013 8:31 PM

:shock::shock:

Baconator 01-31-2013 8:31 PM

That doesn't seem legal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ElvenSoul 01-31-2013 8:33 PM

Yup they are attacking us just like cigarettes.

rero360 01-31-2013 8:34 PM

I'd wipe my butt with it after a hearty Indian cuisine dinner and mail it back to them. But in some instances I have been accused of not having a whole lot of tact.

illegalalienfromarizona 01-31-2013 8:34 PM

Liberal hysteria.

PhalSe 01-31-2013 8:34 PM

How recently did you buy your last gun? Was it a handgun, single, or multiple long gun?

LBDamned 01-31-2013 8:37 PM

WTF????!!!!!!

I got as far as "you have recently purchased a firearm"... and my brain shorted out!

I need to read the rest - but this is a travesty!!!

Just the "Big Brother Watching" concept is HUGELY concerning to me... but also, what if it got sent to the wrong address, what if a snoop got your mail?... That's not much different from the names and addresses released in NY.

Things are really getting out of hand!

kalalp 01-31-2013 8:39 PM

They are watching.

You are now in their system. The same as any other criminal.

Don't get so much as a jaywalking ticket or you will be subject to much abuse.

Cpt 01-31-2013 8:42 PM

I would call the person listed at the bottom and ask WTF. What's the deal with this campaign, if it is a campaign. I too would feel violated. As mentioned above as of gang bangers are also receiving these letters?

On a side not I received from Massachusetts asking for a DNA sample. Turns out it was meant for a person with the same name.

hiyabrad 01-31-2013 8:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhalSe (Post 10386522)
How recently did you buy your last gun? Was it a handgun, single, or multiple long gun?

I will not be able to answer this question other than to say..yes

Random_Monkey 01-31-2013 8:49 PM

The eye is watching us. http://images.wikia.com/lotr/images/...-of-sauron.jpg

RoyBatty 01-31-2013 8:50 PM

What a huge waste of taxpayer money....an earlier poster nailed it...they are treating gun owners like cigarette smokers...which is laughable because cigarettes are bad but the stickiest of the icky is good...shamefull

Yugo 01-31-2013 8:53 PM

there has been a couple of people like your self.

Jeepers 01-31-2013 8:56 PM

sounds like they are making a "list" of recent gun buyers, as i am sure they keep a copy for there records that the "letter" was sent and thats just not right in my books, bad enough that the FFL has to keep there copy forever but now the city and PD is recording also :TFH:

Oceanbob 01-31-2013 8:56 PM

I don't like it when (obviously) another Gubmint agency has access to your gun purchase history. And decides write me a letter. Dang...:mad:

AeroEngi 01-31-2013 8:58 PM

Wow I'm speechless.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JDay 01-31-2013 9:00 PM

I smell a lawsuit.

radioburning 01-31-2013 9:02 PM

"we will be having government agents monitoring your movements, in the interest of yours, and the community's, safety."

DannyInSoCal 01-31-2013 9:03 PM

I've bought plenty of firearms in the last 6mo -

And didn't receive my "Welcome" letter.

I feel discriminated against for being an evil rich veteran christian married law abiding tax paying white guy...

socal-shooter 01-31-2013 9:08 PM

Whoever receives this letter is definitely Going to be the first ones on the confiscation list LOL

The Geologist 01-31-2013 9:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socal-shooter (Post 10386883)
Whoever receives this letter is definitely Going to be the first ones on the confiscation list LOL

Obamacare prohibits that

Cypriss32 01-31-2013 9:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socal-shooter (Post 10386883)

lol.......

kingsfan8888 01-31-2013 9:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiyabrad (Post 10386443)

if you are an NRA member send it in and tell them you are being unjustly harassed.

PhalSe 01-31-2013 9:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiyabrad (Post 10386606)
I will not be able to answer this question other than to say..yes

Ok, then maybe it's a good time to contact CGF.

gomatty 01-31-2013 9:19 PM

That is blatant intimidation and exemplifies why registration is dangerous.

Did you write the AG recently to express your position on proposed gun legislation? I'm curious why they would send you a letter in the first place.

AeroEngi 01-31-2013 9:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan8888 (Post 10386932)
if you are an NRA member send it in and tell them you are being unjustly harassed.

This!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BRoss 01-31-2013 9:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomatty (Post 10387029)
I'm curious why they would send you a letter in the first place.

It part of the L.A. Gun Purchaser Warning Letter Program:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/la-gun-owners_n_2345364.html

camsoup 01-31-2013 9:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRoss (Post 10387168)

Im curious as to HOW and WHY LA knows he recently bought a gun? If its a handgun I guess through registration? If its a long gun, are they collecting DROS info now at the county/city level? Or is Kamila nice enough to pass the info on to her buddy in LA? BS

hiyabrad 01-31-2013 9:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRoss (Post 10387168)

How do they get my personal information from a gun purchase. I was "under the impression" the only folks who had access to the info about my purchase was the FFL and the CADOJ? How does the City of LA get that info?

I don't want their "junk mail". I don't let the GAP or Banana Republic mail me anything and I certainly don't want this "harrassing, big brother is watching, intimidation tactics bull**** letter".

I think I will mail it back to them with the words UNSUBSCRIBE at the top of the letter.

otalps 01-31-2013 9:52 PM

Someone posted one of these letters in OT recently as well. Did you buy the firearm in LA? I bought a pistol in a different city around the same time as the other poster and never received a letter.

skilletboy 01-31-2013 9:53 PM

Translation: just so you know - that we know - that you own firearms we don't like.

Total harrasment.

Ate they sending letters to people who recently bought alcohol ensuring they don't give them to minors or drive under the influence too?

Total garbage and unacceptable.

MontClaire 01-31-2013 9:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epilepticninja (Post 10386484)
They sending those to bangers that run rampant within the LA area? Probably not.

They would soon take orders from them.

MrTokarev 01-31-2013 9:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsoup (Post 10387251)
Im curious as to HOW and WHY LA knows he recently bought a gun? If its a handgun I guess through registration? If its a long gun, are they collecting DROS info now at the county/city level? Or is Kamila nice enough to pass the info on to her buddy in LA? BS

DROS and background checks are de facto registration.

I wonder if some people who voted for background in the recent poll would like to change there votes once they see how the government likes to use them.

BRoss 01-31-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiyabrad (Post 10387274)
How do they get my personal information from a gun purchase. I was "under the impression" the only folks who had access to the info about my purchase was the FFL and the CADOJ? How does the City of LA get that info?

I don't want their "junk mail". I don't let the GAP or Banana Republic mail me anything and I certainly don't want this "harrassing, big brother is watching, intimidation tactics bull**** letter".

I think I will mail it back to them with the words UNSUBSCRIBE at the top of the letter.

They got the information as part of the program explained in this motion:

http://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/2010/10-1524_mot_10-5-10.pdf

The program was part of a RAND study and involved cooperation between CalDOJ, LAPD, and the L.A. City Attorney's Office. That is how they got the info.

From the motion linked above:

To dissuade legal gun purchasers from selling or transferring their guns to prohibited persons, a working group consisting of various law enforcement agencies that included the California Department of Justice, the Los Angeles Police Department and the City Attorney's Office initiated a "letter campaign." As part of this campaign, new gun buyers who resided in the two pilot areas, would receive a letter sent by the City Attorney's Office and signed by the City Attorney, Attorney General and Chief of Police that indicated that the gun purchase had been documented, and should that gun be used in a crime and it had not been legally transferred, that original purchaser could be prosecuted for that subsequent illegal transfer. The letter would arrive on Day 2 or 3 of the state mandated la-day waiting period. The rationale for this letter campaign was that since the person conducting the straw purchase did not have a criminal history, this population could be deterred from participating in this illegal activity.

Moonshine 01-31-2013 10:02 PM

Glad I don't live in LA, sounds like its a seperate world up here in Norcal

Tarn_Helm 01-31-2013 10:08 PM

There is no such thing as "reasonable regulation."

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiyabrad (Post 10386443)

This is precisely why I am opposed to the DROS procedure (not to mention RAW rules), "NICS Background checks," & records of any kind on gun owners.

(This is also why I refuse to take up residence within the city limits of Lost Angeles. EVERYONE WHO LIVES IN L.A. CITY LIMITS IS FUNDING THIS OPPRESSION WITH HIS/HER TAX DOLLARS.)

We need to keep them scared of us.

If we don't, they will not respect us.

They will tax us, harass us, bully us.

Is everybody clear on this now?

There is no such thing as "reasonable regulation" of a fundamental right to do such things as live, breathe, and defend my life.

Hands off my guns, my magazines, my ammo.

Get out of my life.

No, you cannot come in.

Good bye.
:taz:
:beatdeadhorse5:
:rant:

Stonewalker 01-31-2013 10:08 PM

This is both creepy and a total crock. I wonder what CGF has to say about this.