Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   General gun discussions (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Pulled over while CCW. (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1533364)

SonofWWIIDI 05-16-2019 7:32 PM

Pulled over while CCW.
 


This is not me. And yes, it was posted last year. But I gotta say he seems to be one of the real good guys.

WartHog 05-16-2019 9:28 PM

Nice!

rudigan 05-16-2019 9:32 PM

...nice

LongLiveTheRepublic 05-16-2019 10:03 PM

He should've been like "naw fawk u I know mah rights!" haha jk

stormvet 05-16-2019 10:42 PM

It was worth the watch just to listen to that killer John Anderson song...’Just a Swingen’

SonofWWIIDI 05-16-2019 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLiveTheRepublic (Post 23010508)
He should've been like "naw fawk u I know mah rights!" haha jk

I remember that one.

That guy was a saint!

sfarchitect 05-17-2019 7:51 PM

In today's America anyone who survives any interaction with law enforcement, should thank the proverbial universe, go home, kiss the wife, hug the kids and consider yourself fortunate.

How'd that turn out for Philando Castille. Where was the NRA on that one? Oooooooh that's right, he was black.

rudigan 05-17-2019 7:54 PM

^^^ Ha! Good one

CBR_rider 05-17-2019 8:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfarchitect (Post 23013443)
In today's America anyone who survives any interaction with law enforcement, should thank the proverbial universe, go home, kiss the wife, hug the kids and consider yourself fortunate.

How'd that turn out for Philando Castille. Where was the NRA on that one? Oooooooh that's right, he was black.

So enlighten us again on the percentage of people killed by law enforcement in the US vs total number who interact (voluntarily or not) with law enforcement?

rudigan 05-17-2019 8:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfarchitect (Post 23013443)
In today's America anyone who survives any interaction with law enforcement, should thank the proverbial universe, go home, kiss the wife, hug the kids and consider yourself fortunate.

How'd that turn out for Philando Castille. Where was the NRA on that one? Oooooooh that's right, he was black.

Wow, lot's of editing by you. My sarcastic (because the post was pathetic) reaction was to your saying Something about if you're older and white you have not worries getting pulled over, and other about Dread something in blue...

stormvet 05-17-2019 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfarchitect (Post 23013443)
In today's America anyone who survives any interaction with law enforcement, should thank the proverbial universe, go home, kiss the wife, hug the kids and consider yourself fortunate.

How'd that turn out for Philando Castille. Where was the NRA on that one? Oooooooh that's right, he was black.

A cop hater from Frisco, didn’t see that coming.:rolleyes:

Barang 05-18-2019 8:56 AM

My interaction with LEO were pleasant:

1st- Pulled over for driving on carpool lane. Officer didn't see the two kids sleeping so she apologized and we're done!

2nd- Pulled over for driving my newly bought car (no license plate yet). I was wearing my work clothes and my hair was messy so maybe he thought I was driving a stolen car.
Check for my license and temporary registration and that's it.

I'm pretty sure there are ah*** because nothing is 100% in life.

Packy14 05-20-2019 2:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfarchitect (Post 23013443)
In today's America anyone who survives any interaction with law enforcement, should thank the proverbial universe, go home, kiss the wife, hug the kids and consider yourself fortunate.

How'd that turn out for Philando Castille. Where was the NRA on that one? Oooooooh that's right, he was black.

Is every word you write this dumb or do I just luck into the really stupid posts from you?

FresnoRob 05-20-2019 4:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormvet (Post 23010578)
It was worth the watch just to listen to that killer John Anderson song...’Just a Swingen’

Yep, sad when the song ended. :)

steelholder 05-20-2019 5:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBR_rider (Post 23013500)
So enlighten us again on the percentage of people killed by law enforcement in the US vs total number who interact (voluntarily or not) with law enforcement?

What does that have to do with the specific occurrence he mentioned?

Bill Bored 05-20-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barang (Post 23014621)
My interaction with LEO were pleasant:

1st- Pulled over for driving on carpool lane. Officer didn't see the two kids sleeping so she apologized and we're done!

2nd- Pulled over for driving my newly bought car (no license plate yet). I was wearing my work clothes and my hair was messy so maybe he thought I was driving a stolen car.
Check for my license and temporary registration and that's it.

I'm pretty sure there are ah*** because nothing is 100% in life.

in the imaginary dream world of the internet gun owners never get a ticket. that is not reality

Bill Bored 05-20-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelholder (Post 23020014)
What does that have to do with the specific occurrence he mentioned?

you will never get anywhere on a gun forum talking common sense cause they all worship cops even if one day and it is coming they come for their semi auto rifles

SkyHawk 05-20-2019 12:11 PM

Vintage John Anderson on the radio and a Glock 23 on his hip - this guy can be my wingman any time.

Bill Bored 05-20-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBR_rider (Post 23013500)
So enlighten us again on the percentage of people killed by law enforcement in the US vs total number who interact (voluntarily or not) with law enforcement?

using your logic how many cops are killed by people they pull over? cause I hear a lot of times there is a war on cops but when I look at the numbers maybe 40 cops shot a year and 1100 civilians shot by cops

Barang 05-20-2019 4:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Bored (Post 23021212)
in the imaginary dream world of the internet gun owners never get a ticket. that is not reality

Knock on wood! no ticket since I first start driving. Hard to believe but it's true.

Spartan301 05-20-2019 4:29 PM

Yep!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barang (Post 23022014)
Knock on wood! no ticket since I first start driving. Hard to believe but it's true.

Been pulled over twice for speeding while CCWing............:eek:

Both times let go..............:cool:

for not being a D**K! :D

Or was it white privilege?

FresnoRob 05-20-2019 4:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Bored (Post 23021242)
using your logic how many cops are killed by people they pull over? cause I hear a lot of times there is a war on cops but when I look at the numbers maybe 40 cops shot a year and 1100 civilians shot by cops

If your numbers are correct. There are about 800,000 sworn officers in the US and about 225,000,000 drivers. So a much higher percentage of cops being shot than drivers.

There are bad cops but I believe the vast majority are trying to do the best they can.

Barang 05-20-2019 7:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan301 (Post 23022120)
Been pulled over twice for speeding while CCWing............:eek:

Both times let go..............:cool:

for not being a D**K! :D

Or was it white privilege?

You know the saying "do unto others as you would have done unto you." It works! :thumbsup:

plumbum 05-20-2019 7:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan301 (Post 23022120)
Been pulled over twice for speeding while CCWing............:eek:

Both times let go..............:cool:

for not being a D**K! :D

Or was it white privilege?

I would call it being polite, cordial and respectful... because that’s how you treat people - also it helps to be accountable for your actions. Apparently it works because I’ve had the same experience you have :cool:

L84CABO 05-20-2019 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfarchitect (Post 23013443)
In today's America anyone who survives any interaction with law enforcement, should thank the proverbial universe, go home, kiss the wife, hug the kids and consider yourself fortunate.

How'd that turn out for Philando Castille. Where was the NRA on that one? Oooooooh that's right, he was black.

That's cute. :rolleyes:

squeeze 05-21-2019 1:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfarchitect (Post 23013443)
In today's America anyone who survives any interaction with law enforcement, should thank the proverbial universe, go home, kiss the wife, hug the kids and consider yourself fortunate.

How'd that turn out for Philando Castille. Where was the NRA on that one? Oooooooh that's right, he was black.

Another errant "shot" by the drive-by poster.

riderr 05-21-2019 6:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barang (Post 23014621)
My interaction with LEO were pleasant:

1st- Pulled over for driving on carpool lane. Officer didn't see the two kids sleeping so she apologized and we're done!

2nd- Pulled over for driving my newly bought car (no license plate yet). I was wearing my work clothes and my hair was messy so maybe he thought I was driving a stolen car.
Check for my license and temporary registration and that's it.

I'm pretty sure there are ah*** because nothing is 100% in life.

You have no life. LOL. Try and pass CHP on a freeway ;) I can promise you a whole bunch of fun and excitement

Bill Bored 05-21-2019 7:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FresnoRob (Post 23022214)
If your numbers are correct. There are about 800,000 sworn officers in the US and about 225,000,000 drivers. So a much higher percentage of cops being shot than drivers.

There are bad cops but I believe the vast majority are trying to do the best they can.

I go along with what you said but I would like to see bad cops when they are caught not get away with the crime which I have seen numerous times

Bill Bored 05-21-2019 7:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan301 (Post 23022120)
Been pulled over twice for speeding while CCWing............:eek:

Both times let go..............:cool:

for not being a D**K! :D

Or was it white privilege?

I find that real hard to believe. when they pull you over they radio it in. after seeing at HQ a bunch of times a cop pulled people over with no ticket that cop will be working at Home Cheapo. most towns bankrupt and living on bonds that go 15 years into the future and the top expense is police force. if they let people go they get fired

Barang 05-21-2019 8:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderr (Post 23023771)
You have no life. LOL. Try and pass CHP on a freeway ;) I can promise you a whole bunch of fun and excitement

Confession; Is there a statute of limitations in speeding? :D Once I got up late for work and was speeding. Almost passed a Police car (can't remember if he was on 2nd or third lane).

I was maybe a car back from him when I recognized his Black & White car. Fortunately there were cars blocking his view so I was able to slow down enough not to beat him to the Finish line. :eek:

SMarquez 05-21-2019 8:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FresnoRob (Post 23019952)
Yep, sad when the song ended. :)

But not when the driver quit singing along.

FresnoRob 05-21-2019 1:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FresnoRob (Post 23019952)
Yep, sad when the song ended. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMarquez (Post 23024057)
But not when the driver quit singing along.

Hey, I was singing along too :)

Spartan301 05-21-2019 7:39 PM

Oh really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Bored (Post 23023998)
I find that real hard to believe. when they pull you over they radio it in. after seeing at HQ a bunch of times a cop pulled people over with no ticket that cop will be working at Home Cheapo. most towns bankrupt and living on bonds that go 15 years into the future and the top expense is police force. if they let people go they get fired

Welcome to Calguns. You are making friends fast in OT.

Are you calling me a liar. Is that what you are saying?

Also, where did I say it was a city cop? Sounds like you jump to conclusions your A** can't cash!

Did you get that info from Mall Security training?

Also what city does the CHP work for???? :facepalm:

CBR_rider 05-21-2019 9:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Bored (Post 23021242)
using your logic how many cops are killed by people they pull over? cause I hear a lot of times there is a war on cops but when I look at the numbers maybe 40 cops shot a year and 1100 civilians shot by cops

1) There are more than 40 cops shot/feloniously assaulted each year
2) of those 1100 people shot by cops that you cite; how many were actively engaged in violently resisting arrest/assaulting someone/pretending they had a weapon and were going to use it for suicide by cop/fleeing a scene after having committed a violent felony and posed a risk to the community if they remained at large?
3) Where did I mention the “war on cops” or a war on anyone, for that matter?
4) in regards to your posts about LE ticket writing procedure... yes, I think it is fair for an agency to expect officers (especially ones in a traffic unit) to be writing tickets/doing something to improve the safety of their community/handling crashes and not just sitting around drinking coffee... and yes, some agencies really harp on tickets to the detriment of society. But no, cops are not fired for letting people go every now and then on a traffic stop for normal violations and no, not all traffic stops are called in.

Spartan301 05-22-2019 5:11 AM

Yep!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by squeeze (Post 23023471)
Another errant "shot" by the drive-by poster.

And his wingman Bill Bored the COP expert! :facepalm:

Wonder what his original Calgun user name was? :troll:

hmvan 05-22-2019 6:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBR_rider (Post 23026732)
1) There are more than 40 cops shot/feloniously assaulted each year

2) of those 1100 people shot by cops that you cite; how many were actively engaged in violently resisting arrest/assaulting someone/pretending they had a weapon and were going to use it for suicide by cop/fleeing a scene after having committed a violent felony and posed a risk to the community if they remained at large?

3) Where did I mention the “war on cops” or a war on anyone, for that matter?

4) in regards to your posts about LE ticket writing procedure... yes, I think it is fair for an agency to expect officers (especially ones in a traffic unit) to be writing tickets/doing something to improve the safety of their community/handling crashes and not just sitting around drinking coffee... and yes, some agencies really harp on tickets to the detriment of society. But no, cops are not fired for letting people go every now and then on a traffic stop for normal violations and no, not all traffic stops are called in.



Careful bro, that’s borderline logical. Some folks around here don’t take too kindly to that...[emoji6]

Bill Bored 05-22-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan301 (Post 23026340)
Welcome to Calguns. You are making friends fast in OT.

Are you calling me a liar. Is that what you are saying?

Also, where did I say it was a city cop? Sounds like you jump to conclusions your A** can't cash!

Did you get that info from Mall Security training?

Also what city does the CHP work for???? :facepalm:

what does a city county or state cop got to do with the fact that if they let people go and not write enough tickets they might get fired. there are 40 million people a year that got traffic tickets that may also be inclined to think you might be lying. I like Ron Reagans statement...Trust but verify. and I don't need friends like you

Bill Bored 05-22-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBR_rider (Post 23026732)
1) There are more than 40 cops shot/feloniously assaulted each year
2) of those 1100 people shot by cops that you cite; how many were actively engaged in violently resisting arrest/assaulting someone/pretending they had a weapon and were going to use it for suicide by cop/fleeing a scene after having committed a violent felony and posed a risk to the community if they remained at large?
3) Where did I mention the “war on cops” or a war on anyone, for that matter?
4) in regards to your posts about LE ticket writing procedure... yes, I think it is fair for an agency to expect officers (especially ones in a traffic unit) to be writing tickets/doing something to improve the safety of their community/handling crashes and not just sitting around drinking coffee... and yes, some agencies really harp on tickets to the detriment of society. But no, cops are not fired for letting people go every now and then on a traffic stop for normal violations and no, not all traffic stops are called in.

I did not say 40 cops a year were assaulted. I meant shot to death and the 1100 a year of civilians are shot DEAD by cops. cant find the numbers of wounded which have to be higher then 1100. I did not say you mentioned a war on cops but I have seen it in the news many times

stormvet 05-22-2019 1:08 PM

LEO let people go with warnings often, it’s not in the least bit unusual. If you’ve gotten ticketed every time you’ve been pulled over for a traffic violation, it says more about you then the LEO’s. Your violation or attitude most be so egregious that a cop who just found out he won the lottery would still ticket you.

plumbum 05-22-2019 1:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Bored (Post 23028435)
what does a city county or state cop got to do with the fact that if they let people go and not write enough tickets they might get fired. there are 40 million people a year that got traffic tickets that may also be inclined to think you might be lying. I like Ron Reagans statement...Trust but verify. and I don't need friends like you

Sooo, how many officers do you talk to about this? Because the ones I know and have talked to about this same topic wouldn’t agree with your assumption. They aren’t required to write tickets, but they should t be lollygagging around pulling over people for no one else reason. Everything they do is documented, including ‘tearing up tickets’.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.