Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Concealed Carry Discussion (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   CCW on Santa Cruz boardwalk (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=799931)

CHROME 07-28-2013 10:46 PM

CCW on Santa Cruz boardwalk

Hey Guys
Can I carry on the boardwalk at Santa Cruz beach?
I really don't want to leave it in the car. And I don't want to leave home with out it. Thank you for any info.

Old_Bald_Guy 07-29-2013 5:57 AM

It's privately owned and operated. They probably have "no firearms" signs which would carry no force of law. I would be careful to search Santa Cruz City and county code to make sure there's nothing about beaches in there. One encouraging and surprising thing is that Santa Cruz City Code DOES provide an exemption for LTC holders to the general prohibition against possessing forearms on city property, Section 9.32.050 (c). We don't get that exemption in Sacramento County or the City of Sacramento or Elk Grove, etc.

QuarterBoreGunner 07-29-2013 8:55 AM

^exactly correct.
I haven't been there for a couple years, but when I was I carried lawfully and I saw no signs prohibiting it. And again, unless there's PC behind it, those signs carry no weight.

CHROME 07-30-2013 10:08 PM

Thank you guys for the great info.

b_madeiros 08-01-2013 8:21 PM

They do have signs prohibiting it at every entrance I was there two weeks ago and it mentions carrying with a permit not allowed also

CHROME 08-01-2013 10:22 PM

Thank you for the info.

Noggles 08-01-2013 10:33 PM

I carry there all the time... No worries.

Paladin 08-07-2013 4:05 PM

While private property signage itself may not carry weight of law, IIRC, if someone there spots you and calls 9-1-1 and LEOs show up, they may contact your issuing authority. IF your issuing authority has as a condition of your CCW that you not carry it on private property where prohibited and that has signage of such, they may yank your CCW.

Zorgnot 08-07-2013 4:13 PM

Idk, I would rather have a gun at the gun fight against a private owners silly rule, than make myself a victim of someone who breaks the same rule with the intent of killing people. I guess it would suck if they wand everyone at the entrance. (For people with a CCW) don't commit a felony by concealing illegally. Just these companies who invite a mass shooter to come kill everyone with those signs really piss me off.

akoba 08-07-2013 4:27 PM

I go there last month and didn't see the signage.
Only my wife knows that im carrying. And now you whos reading my post. So don't tell anybody ;)

Montu 08-07-2013 4:43 PM

Went there about a year ago..I don't have a CCW but was stopped for carrying my my edc knife for that day (kershaw cyro) ...I looked and could find no signage or info on their website so I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't want you to ccw there..but screw them....

next time I'm there I'll just unclip the knife like I do at disney...

WRG 08-19-2013 9:08 PM

There are signs everywhere telling you its a no go (I no they don't carry weight legally but they are there). Also its a drag to conceal while participating in the amusement of the place and trying not to be spotted. They have a lot of law enforcement (especially UC) because of the location of the place and its neighboring residents.

Quickdraw559 08-26-2013 8:12 AM

I remember seeing a sign but I don't think there was PC posted. Just the typical, "NO," sign at the beach. They also have a no smoking sign, but everyone still smokes.