Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Concealed Carry Discussion (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Interview today - HumbCo (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=751611)

EurekaPayments 04-25-2013 10:28 AM

Interview today - HumbCo

from what i hear it is fairly low key and straight forward - - will report back.

Knomad 04-27-2013 10:20 PM

Yes, straightforward is a good way to describe it. Good luck, it should just be a matter of waiting now.

Sheriff Downey is pro-2A, he gave a very nice talk a while back about being supportive of responsible gun owners.

EurekaPayments 04-29-2013 11:02 AM

The gentleman i interviewed with was very down to earth and approachable. Unfortunately my insight to his interview style wont help anyone... i was his last interview on his last day before retirement..... If his replacement is at all similar in style that would be great!

I know Downey through business dealings etc and you are correct he is very pro 2A. Glad to have him as our local Sheriff...

tb0n3z 05-15-2013 8:46 PM

2A All DAY

rnmenterprises 06-16-2013 10:16 PM

Glad your interview went well. Did you get approved same day, or what was the process after the interview?
I have my application in; awaiting a call to schedule the interview; taking my class at Old West, fwiw.
What was your experience with turnaround time from application to interview?
Nice to know that as liberal as our area tends to be, it has a pro-2A sheriff.

EurekaPayments 06-18-2013 7:10 AM

well.... at the interview i was told i should expect 4-6 weeks of a wait... this is week 7...

My interviewer stated i was his last interview on his last day before retirement... hopefully my paperwork got turned in!!!

DuknBucks 06-24-2013 7:11 PM

Dude you're in! i mean who would want to end a career on a denial...:clap::clap:

EurekaPayments 06-25-2013 1:05 PM

week 8... still waiting... <<YAWN>>

DuknBucks 06-25-2013 7:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EurekaPayments (Post 11667841)
week 8... still waiting... <<YAWN>>

yea well...started my paperwork in April last year....after all the hoops i was permit in hand in early Oct.....so i dont have have any sympathy! :D:D:D

you ll dig it when it comes......

EurekaPayments 06-28-2013 1:51 PM

i hear ya... arrived yesterday - - 8 weeks to the day!

For others looking to get the ball rolling i asked her how their back log is looking at the moment... she claims things have lightened up and the wait she expects to be "half" of what it has been....

rnmenterprises 07-02-2013 5:55 AM

congratulations!

Still waiting on my interview :/

Application delivered 5/31/13, CCW class mid June, qualifications a week ago, and now just sitting on my thumb.

In the meantime I purchased another firearm from Redwood Marine, so got to qualify with it as well. So I guess the delay isn't all bad. :)

rnmenterprises 07-26-2013 8:06 PM

Figured I'd continue to update this thread with my process, ( small hijack ), but still pertinent to Humboldt.
Currently I'm 5 days shy of 2 months from date of dropping off my application. Still no phone call to schedule interview.

tiger 07-31-2013 12:53 AM

Good luck to all of you!

EurekaPayments 08-19-2013 11:32 AM

keep the HumbCo updates coming... i know several folks just starting the process and they keep asking for insight to current wait time folks are experiencing

tkxiong 08-23-2013 10:37 PM

is setting up an appointment turning in the application and interview the same thing?

rnmenterprises 10-14-2013 7:24 PM

sorry for the long delay in updating my progress.
From May 31, 2013 application drop-off at the SD, I had my interview during the first week of September... just over 3 months. Took 6 weeks to get my approval letter on 10-11-13. Permit is awaiting my pick-up.
So current wait time, about 4.5 months.
The officer I interviewed with was also very personable (leaving out his name, just in case for privacy matters). Approximately 40 minutes of conversation, small talk, etc. where he has an opportunity to get to know you and make an assessment. Not a "directed" talk... just like shooting the breeze with a friend. (Suffice to say, I don't sweat as much when I talk to my friends, but my shirt and tie and our uncharacteristically warm days lately definitely added to the "pressure". :P ) He did take about 10 minutes near the end and highlight points covered in the CCW class, just to reiterate. GREAT opportunity to ask questions. Come prepared with some; it may be your only chance to "corner" a LEO for information. :)
Reason for carrying (short version)... I live in Humboldt... nuff said.

rnmenterprises 10-14-2013 7:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkxiong (Post 12144595)
is setting up an appointment turning in the application and interview the same thing?

3 different steps in the process.

Application first (before or after the CCW class), and pay part of the fees ($100-ish)

After all your paperwork and qualifications are in, you'll get a call to schedule your interview at the SD.

At the interview, you should have a feeling at the end how it went. The officer may or may not indicate to you his opinion. Regardless, the fingerprints they obtain at the interview get sent to the CA DOJ, reviewed, and then results sent back to SD. Then the SD writes you a letter indicating if you passed or not. If you passed, you go pickup your permit and pay the remaining fees ($80-ish).