Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Bay Area Chapter (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=304)
-   -   Ammo shipped to Antioch/Contra Costa (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=745242)

askfortrouble 04-15-2013 3:56 AM

Ammo shipped to Antioch/Contra Costa

So between searching with Google and the Search function in the forums themselves, I've come up with...confusion. :confused: Posts from 2011/12 seem to say it's okay but I'd really like to find something from this year of concrete certainty before I start bidding on gunbroker for a good amount of .22LR ammo, especially since it'll be marked up quite a bit in all likeliness.
  • I did the Cabelas check and they said no.
  • Sportsman's Guide says no to shipping to Contra Costa.
  • Most listings on gunbroker.com say no shipping to CA.
  • But Cheaper Than Dirt said that they can ship to Antioch.
So yeah, color me confused. If someone can say they have or have not had some ammo shipped to them from 1/1/13 on, that be fantastic. I love to support local business and I will continue to do so but I'd like to have a healthy amount of stock to start with, and it's a wee bit hard when I'm limited to only picking up 150-200 rounds per day, y'know? :(

Tonymin 04-15-2013 10:06 AM

Its up to the shipper. I had ammo shipped to Walnut Creek no problem.

balmo 04-15-2013 10:30 AM

I ordered 9mm ammo from Cabela's online last month and I was able to get it in a week to my Contra Costa residence.

Gaspasser100 04-15-2013 11:30 AM

Cabelas ship without a problem, have been ordering from me for the last couple of years

Gaspasser100 04-15-2013 11:32 AM

Maybe Antioch has a particular law?

askfortrouble 04-15-2013 12:54 PM

Hmm...okay, maybe it's just a specific type of ammo that isn't allowed? I think the first time I checked Cabelas, I picked whatever ammo loaded first on the page (don't remember which it was) and it said it couldn't. Managed to find some .22LR ammo to test it again and now it will go through.

Well, I'm gonna take that a blessing to go ahead and start ordering/bidding then! Thanks everyone for your input!

Germaine94514 04-15-2013 12:56 PM

I am in the DB area and no problem .

Barry 04-15-2013 6:56 PM

You might want to ship it "held for pickup". Usually UPS wont leave it on the doorstep because it needs a 21+ signature.

My shooting buddy used to ship his ammo to my house because the UPS office is close. His house required a trip to Dublin for pickup.

Barry

askfortrouble 04-15-2013 9:38 PM

Nah, that's not a problem. Myself and a roommate work from home so there's always someone home to sign off for stuff. But thanks for the suggestion!

imBastos 04-16-2013 8:36 AM

I was able to get ammo from Cabela's a few weeks ago shipped to San Ramon.

CalvinH 04-20-2013 3:49 PM

I'm in CoCo (Pleasant Hill) - no problems from Midway, Ammunition To Go, Palmetto State Armory, and Ammo Supply Warehouse.
Sportsman's Guide said they won't ship here, but wouldn't elaborate.

So I read the T&Cs and give my business to those who serve my community.

Chefjeh 04-22-2013 7:55 PM

I just ordered from South Carolina to Danville. No problems

Pupuslinger 04-22-2013 8:13 PM

I have had ammo shipped to antioch before.

DDL 04-28-2013 10:54 AM

I have Norinco 9mm ammo for sale brass FMJ $25 per box of 50 my make deal on bulk. 925-848-8031

deathrunner60 05-06-2013 2:21 PM

I've had plenty of ammo (.45acp) shipped to Calif thru people on Gunbroker. Some of them say they don't ship to Calif. because there are some small areas of the state where it's not accepted. If you are in one of these areas just have it shipped to a friend that's not in that particular area. Some of the areas that they wont ship to are Oakland, San Francisco. I live in SSF and have had ammo shipped here recently without a problem. You can also contact the seller before making a bid and ask if they will ship to your specific area. Chances are they will.Word of advice, be patient with your bidding and you'll get better prices and don't bid on too many items because if you win you WILL be expected to pay. Happy bidding Be safe

deathrunner60 05-06-2013 2:22 PM

You can also try BULKAMMO and STREICHERS They ship into CALIF.

orchard 05-12-2013 3:01 PM

I live in Antioch, and have had ammo delivered from Cabela's, PSA, Brownell's, etc. On Gunbroker I have received ammo from 6 different sellers. Most ship with a 21+ signature required so they have proof they sold to an adult. But several just sent the ammo. There are a few Gunbroker sellers that won't ship to California. PM me if you want to try and split a larger quantity.

retiredAFcop 05-21-2013 5:01 AM

Contra Costa County evidently has ammo sale restrictions that apply only to unincorporated areas of the county - so if you don't live in a city, there are restrictions. If you live in a city in CoCo County, then it is up to the city to create any restrictions - if it wants them.

Ir's not really that confusing once it has been explained, but some etailers can't seem to wrap their heads around that concept.

uechikid 05-25-2013 11:04 PM

I live in Antioch and have purchased thousands of rounds on line. Sportsmans Guide is the only place I have found that won't ship here.

db42 05-27-2013 3:32 PM

I've had thousands of rounds delivered in Pittsburg, never had an issue with it - but I also doni't order from Sportsmen's warehouse, so YMMV.