Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Shotgun discussions (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Shotgun Project Complete (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=852027)

GorillaGunworks 11-14-2013 3:14 PM

Shotgun Project Complete

2 Attachment(s)
So its finally done.
Charles Daly 20g
Carbon Fiber Hydrographics on the receiver and barrel
Textured grip and foregrip
Jeweled Bolt, Action Bars, and Shell Carrier
Complete smooth and tune of the shotguns action
Hi-Viz Fiber Optic Sights
Buttstock Shell Carrier
What do you guys think, main purpose of this project its to grab peoples attention now when i start doing gunshows in january, to promote my gunsmithing business.

trapperjohn 11-14-2013 3:35 PM

I think the images probably don't do justice to your gunsmithing. Tough to tell all that's special about the gun from these images, especially anything about the internal/not-so-visible work you did.

As with any product related endeavor, while the product (your gunsmithing) has to be good, the marketing is what is going to get peoples' attention and get them to call you. And since you can never meet with all your potential customers face to face and show them your samples (this gun for instance), you will likely be relying on images, either in print, or on a website, to speak for you.

So invest in some quality (experienced, probably professional) photography of your gun sample(s), and be sure to have images of the details that really set your product apart from the rest (or that make it special/unique). Especially with gunsmithing, the details are what's most important.

And while you may already know all this, and have plenty of other fantastic images of your work...well, you asked, and these are the images you
referenced.

Good luck with the show - I hope you are very successful.

MTCW.

GorillaGunworks 11-14-2013 3:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapperjohn (Post 12766516)
I think the images probably don't do justice to your gunsmithing. Tough to tell all that's special about the gun from these images, especially anything about the internal/not-so-visible work you did.

As with any product related endeavor, while the product (your gunsmithing) has to be good, the marketing is what is going to get peoples' attention and get them to call you. And since you can never meet with all your potential customers face to face and show them your samples (this gun for instance), you will likely be relying on images, either in print, or on a website, to speak for you.

So invest in some quality (experienced, probably professional) photography of your gun sample(s), and be sure to have images of the details that really set your product apart from the rest (or that make it special/unique). Especially with gunsmithing, the details are what's most important.

And while you may already know all this, and have plenty of other fantastic images of your work...well, you asked, and these are the images you
referenced.

Good luck with the show - I hope you are very successful.

MTCW.

Thank You Sir, and you were right on with your comments, the website is a work in progress doing my best to show the world my work through pictures.

trapperjohn 11-15-2013 2:48 PM

Albert:

I thought these sites might help gain some insight and ideas into how to best photograph your work. I have posted two here, but if you do a google search for "how to photographs products", you should find a bunch more info.

I hope it helps - good luck.

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Better-P...raphs-for-Free

http://www.wix.com/blog/2013/06/effe...-for-websites/

ERdept 11-15-2013 3:12 PM

Are the rear sights Hi Viz as well?

Whole gun looks nice.

HatersLOVEme : ) 11-15-2013 4:37 PM

Almost there...

Looks pretty good to me although not my cup of tea. I thought the pics of said shotgun were just fine actually better than most I've seen. I really like the rear sight who makes it? Just not into carbon fiber wraps per say ( Mossberg already did a line with CF wraps few years back it failed miserably FYI ) in my option its not only dated ( and not in a cool old school retro type of good way ) but most people I know categorize fake carbon fiber wrapping with phoney cheap knock off sub par car parts since they aren't made from real carbon fiber just coated to look like it so its just a glorified sticker really and that doesn't scream quality nor craftsmanship and not the type image you really want if your looking to make a name for yourself / a impression you'd be better off using one of the many quality coatings available now days and pick a color that pops or is out of the norm to stand out and let your gunsmith skills speak for themselves just my two cents Buddy I do like your company name though and the textured / stippled stock looks awesome! Good luck and hope the input helped I just think that coating is more of a concern than your pics IMO. :thumbsup:

vintagedude88 11-15-2013 5:52 PM

You jeweled the action bars and bolt? Nice!

More detailed pictures of that would help promote your services and skills.

GorillaGunworks 11-15-2013 6:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERdept (Post 12773531)
Are the rear sights Hi Viz as well?

Whole gun looks nice.

Yes sir. Thank you :)

GorillaGunworks 11-15-2013 6:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HatersLOVEme : ) (Post 12774081)
Looks pretty good to me although not my cup of tea. I thought the pics of said shotgun were just fine actually better than most I've seen. I really like the rear sight who makes it? Just not into carbon fiber wraps per say ( Mossberg already did a line with CF wraps few years back it failed miserably FYI ) in my option its not only dated ( and not in a cool old school retro type of good way ) but most people I know categorize fake carbon fiber wrapping with phoney cheap knock off sub par car parts since they aren't made from real carbon fiber just coated to look like it so its just a glorified sticker really and that doesn't scream quality nor craftsmanship and not the type image you really want if your looking to make a name for yourself / a impression you'd be better off using one of the many quality coatings available now days and pick a color that pops or is out of the norm to stand out and let your gunsmith skills speak for themselves just my two cents Buddy I do like your company name though and the textured / stippled stock looks awesome! Good luck and hope the input helped I just think that coating is more of a concern than your pics IMO. :thumbsup:

Thank You.

GorillaGunworks 11-15-2013 6:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagedude88 (Post 12774599)
You jeweled the action bars and bolt? Nice!

More detailed pictures of that would help promote your services and skills.

I need to take some better pics of the details, but here you go bud.:D

ERdept 11-15-2013 6:24 PM

Do you know how to work on other shotguns?

Like auto loading FN's, Benelli, etc?

CK_32 11-15-2013 7:07 PM

Wow that's ugly but beautiful but bad *** at the same time haha

kenl 11-16-2013 4:11 AM

Nice work. I also like what you did to the M-N.

GorillaGunworks 11-17-2013 7:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERdept (Post 12774779)
Do you know how to work on other shotguns?

Like auto loading FN's, Benelli, etc?

Yes sir. Why do you have an issue with one?

GorillaGunworks 11-17-2013 7:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK_32 (Post 12775109)
Wow that's ugly but beautiful but bad *** at the same time haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenl (Post 12776812)
Nice work. I also like what you did to the M-N.

Thanks Guys.

deckhandmike 11-17-2013 4:46 PM

I would personally use a more common gun as the base for a show project since people might be more drawn to something familiar like their beloved 870's or 590A1's. Just a random marketing thought. Gun looks nice! How does the coating hold up?

PachecoFTW 11-17-2013 6:23 PM

Honestly? My opinion is for a CUSTOM gun it is nice. I do not like fancy or shiny guns I am not that kind of guy.(Cheesy finish if you ask me)
My shotguns are police trade-ins. Some have minor rust spots on barrel and bolts, a couple of buffs and there good to go.

But hey if I need a shotgun worked on or tuned I now know who ask.

GorillaGunworks 11-18-2013 4:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deckhandmike (Post 12786630)
I would personally use a more common gun as the base for a show project since people might be more drawn to something familiar like their beloved 870's or 590A1's. Just a random marketing thought. Gun looks nice! How does the coating hold up?

Understood, ive gotten that alot. i will most likely do a 870 and 500 in the near future aswell. :) the coating is pretty durable, the best thing i can compare it too is car paint. it doesnt easily wear or fade. it can scratch if you go at it with somthing sharp, but it holds up really well.

GorillaGunworks 11-18-2013 4:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PachecoFTW (Post 12787317)
Honestly? My opinion is for a CUSTOM gun it is nice. I do not like fancy or shiny guns I am not that kind of guy.(Cheesy finish if you ask me)
My shotguns are police trade-ins. Some have minor rust spots on barrel and bolts, a couple of buffs and there good to go.

But hey if I need a shotgun worked on or tuned I now know who ask.

Thank You. :)

huntandski 11-18-2013 7:45 PM

Looks expensive.