Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Shotgun Gallery (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   First time out with the 870 poppin some clays (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=596245)

CK_32 07-16-2012 4:57 PM

First time out with the 870 poppin some clays

First time shooting clays. First and last time with 870.

Enjoy some raw GoPro footage. Kill about 20 min if you got it. :D

Also any input or anything is welcome

CK_32 07-16-2012 4:59 PM

Thefeeder 07-23-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK_32 (Post 8941544)
First time shooting clays. First and last time with 870.

Enjoy some raw GoPro footage. Kill about 20 min if you got it. :D

Also any input or anything is welcome

Its the shooter.....the 870 is fine

Things I noticed

Bad gun mount
Stopping your swing
Raising your head off the stock
(these three are why the gun was jumbing all around after the shot and kicking.)

Aiming the front sight
Bringing the gun down to pump

Watch your vids and notice how the gun stops before the shot is taken......the shot should be part of the swing, not the end.

Just need someone to show you the ropes.....good vids though.........Very safe on the range, hats off to ya

CK_32 07-30-2012 5:24 AM

Yea was the first time actually shooting clays so advice welcome and I didn't have high hopes anyways. I was actually doing really good from a couple strings before we started filming then I started getting tired and a sore shoulder then noticed it got worse from there.

Plenty of time to practice and I don't plan on shooting for good anytime soon so as long as I hit a few time to time I'm good haha

Chaozu 08-04-2012 2:33 PM

I took my 870 wingmaster out today for the first time shooting trap. I did a skeet class with Lou (thefeeder) a few weeks back and now I'm hooked. Got 11/25 my first time, then 14/25, then 17/25. Lou knows what he's talking about, I suggest going to one of his clinics, you'll love it and learn a lot. Thanks for all the tips Lou, that 870 ran like a champ today!

CK_32 08-05-2012 2:20 AM

I've been meaning to take a class or two but my friends always tell me it's a waste of time and money and they'll show me then I end up showing them a thing or 2 they are doing wrong and don't learn **** haha

Might have to take a class one of these days. Just wish the classes were free

Bobby Ricigliano 08-05-2012 6:33 AM

The 870 is the best pump shotgun ever made in my opinion. I definitely wouldn't blame the gun.

CK_32 08-05-2012 9:33 AM

If you guys think I sold my 870 with that first sentence of "first and last" that's not the case. Someone offered to buy my last one so I sold it and have a new one in day 8 of 10 in DROS.

Not blaming or hate the gun what so ever. I love the 870 platform along with the Mosberg 500/590 platform (as seen in half the videos of my cousins gun) both preformed acceptional

Dannicus 08-08-2012 10:41 AM

At least you guys have the balls to go out there and shoot clays cold. In my area the closest thing to clays is 5 stand and it's where the "jocks" shoot from a low gun. All suited up with vests on and blinders on their glasses. I'm just waiting for a slow day on 5 stand so I can get acquainted with it and not really slow anyone down.